Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Motorcyclist killed, passenger in hospital after crash

LEXINGTON COUNTY, SC (WIS) - A motorcyclist died and his passenger was airlifted to Richland Memorial Hospital following an accident in Lexington County Saturday night.

The crash happened along US 21, just south of Cayce.

Troopers said a 2006 Honda motorcycle was traveling north when it struck the rear of a 1995 Ford dump truck that was also going north.

The 44-year-old driver of the motorcycle, Keith Scott Hanson, was not wearing a helmet and was pronounced dead at the scene, according to the patrol. Troopers said his passenger, 28-year-old Nicole Gantt, was also not wearing a helmet. She is currently listed in critical condition.

Troopers said the driver of the dump truck, 56-year-old George Allen Holliday, was restrained and was not taken to the hospital.

Speed is believed to be a factor in the crash, according to the patrol.

The accident remains under investigation.

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14977727

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
did the dump truck stop? was the bike going to fast to stop when he ran up on the dump truck? something's missing, but prayers for the family

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure, just that speed was a factor. But, this was just around the corner from here, and the guy was driving a Honda and about our age. He might be someone that one of us knows.

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
Not sure, just that speed was a factor. But, this was just around the corner from here, and the guy was driving a Honda and about our age. He might be someone that one of us knows.
i understand...prayers are sent and hopes of recovery for the passenger and blessings to the family...i hate that it's anyone, but i do hope it's no one that we've meet, ate with, rode with, or talk daily with on here as well....such a shame, another life cut short and dare i say, because of speed...

·
shock factor unrated
12,435 Posts
doesn't ring a bell off the top of my head, but i'll give a few guys over that way a call and see if they new him...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts