Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
GOT PITBULL?
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We will be meeting SW FL riders at the Sun Sport Cycle @ 11am on January 15th. We will be doing a ride through Sanibel Island with lunch at the Leaping Lizard.

I'd like to meet in St. Pete at 9am @ the Race Trac gas station on 54th Avenue North just west of I-275. We'll head south to meet the Palmetto/Bradenton area guys (maybe @ Peggy's Corral?) @ 9:30am. And from there we'll take Hwy 41 down to Ft. Myers.

·
Registered
245 Posts
We will be meeting SW FL riders at the Sun Sport Cycle @ 11am on January 15th. We will be doing a ride through Sanibel Island with lunch at the Leaping Lizard.
Not to rain on anyone's parade; the ride from Sun Sport out to Sanibel and back to Cape Coral for lunch at Leaping Lizard will take several hours with it being Saturday and SNOWBIRD season. So lunch would be around 2:00 at the earliest, this is my opinion. Lunch on the Island would make more sense to me but it isn't my party. Pray for good/warm weather.

·
GOT PITBULL?
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is just a day trip right?
Yes. It's about 2hrs from Tampa to Ft. Myers.

Not to rain on anyone's parade; the ride from Sun Sport out to Sanibel and back to Cape Coral for lunch at Leaping Lizard will take several hours with it being Saturday and SNOWBIRD season. So lunch would be around 2:00 at the earliest, this is my opinion. Lunch on the Island would make more sense to me but it isn't my party. Pray for good/warm weather.
Thanks for chiming in. GeneticVTX (James) just came up with a list of places and brief description and I just picked one. Do you have any suggestions of places we can eat? Preferably something with a variety of choices and easy on the wallet.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Very true! I didnt realize we were still going to the islands. How about that place you suggested on pine island? The day that we had the visitor. instead of hitting Sanibel.

Thanks for chiming in. GeneticVTX (James) just came up with a list of places and brief description and I just picked one. Do you have any suggestions of places we can eat? Preferably something with a variety of choices and easy on the wallet.

·
GOT PITBULL?
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very true! I didnt realize we were still going to the islands. How about that place you suggested on pine island? The day that we had the visitor. instead of hitting Sanibel.
I thought we were clear on the ride, but we'll adjust.

Woody's on Pine Island would be a good choice considering budgets and menu choices. It is very biker friendly with a large outdoor Tiki Hut along with indoor seating. There are two other choices close to Woody's, BA Saloon and Waterfront, all are on the water (channel).
http://www.woodyswaterside.com/directions.html
Sounds like a good place. Just for clarification this is in St. James City, FL. When I googled Pine Island it gave me an area near Tallahassee

·
Registered
954 Posts
Count me in!!!:cheers:

Hey Geneitc, didn't it take us about 2 1/4 hours from the Cape to Sarasota for the M&G Last week? That was on 41 most of the way. It seems like it will take closer to 3 1/4 hours from Tampa to Sun Sports. Just a guess.

·
GOT PITBULL?
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Hey Geneitc, didn't it take us about 2 1/4 hours from the Cape to Sarasota for the M&G Last week? That was on 41 most of the way. It seems like it will take closer to 3 1/4 hours from Tampa to Sun Sports. Just a guess.

Going by Mapquest results you're exactly right

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

That's true! Wow, that's a lot of riding. Would be better off meeting in Cape Coral since they can take Burnt Store Rd from 41. Its up to Jojo, maybe meeting at the Publix on pine island rd and burnt store rd would be better. Gesshhh. I'm sorry jojo I must have been not thinking when I help ya with the plans

·
GOT PITBULL?
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dont worry James, we'll get this right. It just takes some tweaking which is why we give ourselves enough time to plan it. It would shave about an hour off of our travel time by meeting at Burnt Rd & Pine Island Rd. So i'm sure folks will be happier with that, plus it gives you guys a chance for a little riding also.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Dont worry James, we'll get this right. It just takes some tweaking which is why we give ourselves enough time to plan it. It would shave about an hour off of our travel time by meeting at Burnt Rd & Pine Island Rd. So i'm sure folks will be happier with that, plus it gives you guys a chance for a little riding also.

Here is the address to that location.
3015 SW Pine Island Rd
Cape Coral, FL 33991-1703

·
Registered
12 Posts
Still new to this Forum, but thats a hell of a ride from Tampa to Cape on 41 during season. Ive had it take me 3 hrs to get here from Venice. Not Fun! Sanibel is a beatiful ride. You could eat at the Pink Flamingo on Sanibel or Captiva. They would be packed before you get there with Snowbirds. Your looking at a 3.00 Toll to get on the island. Then if going back to Leaping Lizards its another 1.00 toll to get over the Cape bridge in that direction. Burntstore to Publix is a nice ride. WATCH FOR TRUCKS!!!! Especially in the evening. Its a great ride though and worth it! Sort of wish I was starting in Tampa to make the trip back to here. Every ride is an adventure. Look forward to meeting everyone.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts