Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of any happening, meet & greet etc... going on in the Charleston area any time soon? :cheers:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome! I will keep an eye out for things going on. Maybe need to organize something! =)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is very nice! The ole' man was here a few weeks ago. Always a good time to have him visit.

·
Really OLD FART Member
5,197 Posts
I don't ride IN Charleston much, ever.

I'll ride past or to Charleston on the back roads or Hwy 17. But I HATE taking I-26 to get there. Those road conditions the last 25 miles in are insane...both the drivers and the torn up asphalt!

There are a LOT of nice scenic roads around Beaufort and Edisto. Riding up to Monks Corner or Georgetown and then around the swamps and marshes back to Myrlte Beach is relaxing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeh, we like the outer roads. Out by the cypress garden is a fav!

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Man I love catching a SC thread. I grew up in Summerville and would love to ride to a MnG in or around Charleston. By the way, welcome to the Cafe lilCruz.

Anyway, I'll be waiting and looking for a Low Country MnG

I don't ride IN Charleston much, ever.

I'll ride past or to Charleston on the back roads or Hwy 17. But I HATE taking I-26 to get there. Those road conditions the last 25 miles in are insane...both the drivers and the torn up asphalt!

There are a LOT of nice scenic roads around Beaufort and Edisto. Riding up to Monks Corner or Georgetown and then around the swamps and marshes back to Myrlte Beach is relaxing.
There have never been more true words on the Cafe.

·
Registered
260 Posts
possible meet

Depending on the schedule with work, i would be down for a trip to the charleston area. No better reason to spend a weekend away then a good ride and some good fun with the guys from the cafe.

·
Really OLD FART Member
5,197 Posts
Depending on the schedule with work, i would be down for a trip to the charleston area. No better reason to spend a weekend away then a good ride and some good fun with the guys from the cafe.
Whiskey lives close to you, in Hartsville, and might be interested in doing some local rides with you. We've taken him on a couple of group rides up here in the Midlands.

If someone in the Lowcountry wants to put up a ride to show the rest of us around I'm sure we coud get Ray, Jamie, Jeff, Ron and myself to possibly show up. I'm always interested in seeing what others in the state like to ride and where.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
If you do plan something close to Charleston I'd make every effort to get there. Will give me a good reason to stop by and see my sister in Georgia, about 1/3 way of the trip as well as visit my birthplace..

·
Registered
8 Posts
looking for vtx riders planning a ride any where out of the hickory area to any where just want to ride. first time useing vtx cafe. was told by a vtx rider i meet in boone last sunday me and the wife are tired of same old ride so we are going to break off from our rideing group. i own a 2009 vtx 1300R black with candy blue ghost fire.

·
Premium Member
1,872 Posts
looking for vtx riders planning a ride any where out of the hickory area to any where just want to ride. first time useing vtx cafe. was told by a vtx rider i meet in boone last sunday me and the wife are tired of same old ride so we are going to break off from our rideing group. i own a 2009 vtx 1300R black with candy blue ghost fire.
Welcome to the Cafe! Sounds like a sharp bike! Post some pics soon!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I can ask around. I know there are several riders here, I just don't know the area very well yet. Let me see what I can do though!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not too subtle on hints here are we... :kidding: Just sayin... I will ask around the locals and see what would be a good ride!

Have a local offer to trade my single Corbin seat for a stock driver/rider setup. Hopefully that will happen in next couple of days. Unfortunately it doesn't do a lot for back support for the wife though for a good ride. Anyone know of a good deal on a mustang or similar set up with back rests?

OK... I finally got round to uploading a couple pictures.. Here is the X:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts