Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up this almost 30 year old bike. I wanted a bobber style bike and need something old. I plan to make this a very cool looking bobber to show off the tooling skills. I will make a total of 4 seats that could be removed very easy. I plan to paint it Root-beer and go with the pirate theme. I know its not a VTX but I'm working towards it. I had to trick the wife into letting me get this little 650. Thanks for looking!!!!:patriot:

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha!Ha!

yes Bear, I got the blessing from the queen. She is not upset anymore I think!!! She still talks to me so I think were OkaY.So thats a good sign plus going with a bobber, she won't ask for a ride either.. :choppersm

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
Congrats... that looks like a very clean bike for it's age.
If she doesn't like you being on two wheels, just tell the wifey it's strictly a sales tool and that even though you hate the idea of riding it you'll have to mod it up and ride it everywhere just to show off your skills in person.

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
Congrats... that looks like a very clean bike for it's age.
If she doesn't like you being on two wheels, just tell the wifey it's strictly a sales tool and that even though you hate the idea of riding it you'll have to mod it up and ride it everywhere just to show off your skills in person.
O.K. - sure - uh huh - for certain - we all know that's gonna work .... LOL

That being said - will be fun to see the final end to the project. We gonna get a pic update progression of the transformation ??

Side note to Robert: Seat on the way, will try to have it there by Monday....

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Very nice bro...have fun & ride safe. :choppersm

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Congrats Robert; now you need to change your bike description. :):patriot:

·
Registered
99 Posts
very nice looking old scooter ya got there. glad the boss gave her blessing. now in the imortal words of larry the cable guy GET ER DOONNE and ride bro. the seat is working out great. now just got to get my butt used to riding that long . i have gotten tons of complements on it and how great a job you do. and tring to send some more work your way.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
The bike looks just as you described it over the phone....

Just wondering if she is going to let you leave the property riding the bike with the seat saying "Surrender the Booty"....:stirpot::hmm2::D

Seriously, glad you were finally able to put on those pants...:bleh:

Ok...seriously now...have fun with your new "project"...looking forward to seeing your other talents....;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Man! That bike brings back some memories! My first bike was one just like it, only black. I sure miss Cave Creek Road north of Phoenix at midnight, picnics in the parks......a girl on the back...... I sure miss that little Maxim!
Enjoy it, and ride the cr$p out of it!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Nice bike Robert!! Enjoy the ride and the modification process!!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts