Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing new progressive springs in the front forks. I used one "phone a friend" (thanks Donut) before getting the job done. It wasn't too bad. The hardest part was trying to get the fork caps back on. The new springs make it very hard to compress them down enough to get the caps started.

Finished the seat pin mod too. Very easy and no more bolt to mess with...just pull the pin and take the seat off. I am going to love that.

Still messing with the power box mod. I am trying to find a wire that is switched. The 1800 has one under the seat you can get to pretty easy. It seems to be a little harder to find on the 1300.

Changed the risers to the Aeromach 4". I am thinking that will be a big help bringing the handle bars back.

All that and I only have one bandage on my finger. I did good!!:bleh:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Wow, that is some nice wisdom, Wandering Bear. You had a totally different view, and a very smart one too. :D
Enjoy the weekend!
Bry:choppersm

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the steering bearings to install yet. I am waiting for spring when BassDude404 has his tech session to complete that mod. I will need all the help I can get to install the bearings. In the mean time I am leaving the bike tore apart and on the bike stand. That way it looks like I am still working on it and I won't get to anxious about pulling it out of the garage. I did buy a garage heater today...I may just go out there and sit and stare at for a weekend or two. :bleh:

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
"Completed bike?" Are you guys just nuts? Ain't no such thing. :)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Hey FD! Give Gonzo or Donut a call about locating that wire. At the Meet N Greet in Sept they did powerbox mod on my 1300. I was out getting some parts so I didn't see which wire they tapped into. Great job on your mods by the way and that was good thinking to leave it apart!!

By the way, the seat pin mod is one of my favorites and got to say it makes it so much easier to do other mods where you have to remove the seat!!!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Hey Vince....who you kidding!! Nothing left to do on your bike but ride it man!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts