Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Can anyone please tell me where I can buy the chrome engine dressup cylinder base side cover? Or the chrome engine motor case cover dressup accent trim-kit Honda VTX 1300s?
I called the following stores; J&P Cycles, Kuryakyn store, Drag Specialties, and Competition Accesories, but no one has it. I know the items numbers are KY-7703 and KY-7708.

I would appreciate anyones help
Thank you

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,542 Posts
Hello
Can anyone please tell me where I can buy the chrome engine dressup cylinder base side cover? Or the chrome engine motor case cover dressup accent trim-kit Honda VTX 1300s?
I called the following stores; J&P Cycles, Kuryakyn store, Drag Specialties, and Competition Accesories, but no one has it. I know the items numbers are KY-7703 and KY-7708.

Thank you
VTX model ended in 2009.
You're 11 years late to get accessories. Sorry but the only way you will ever get that is if someone removes it and sells it. Keep a watch on eBay someone will wreck a VTX with that kit eventually and it will get sold off.

·
Registered
16,648 Posts
Hello

Thank you
It pays to get on here, and the VTXOA, daily and watch their classifieds sections. Brand new in box stuff can be had, but it's getting harder to find. As mentioned, it's been years since these bikes were made, and if a particular manufacturer did discontinue some things, there are other manufacturers that have just gone out of business. I scored that same dress-up kit for my 1800 just last year, and was extremely fortunate to be the first to see it and pull the trigger immediately. Remember if you snooze, you lose. Other sources that many of the younger generations use is ebay, Amazon, Craig's, facebook groups. I do not.

Reactions: 68valiant

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello

Thank you
If you FB, look up Jason Kesner. I think he may have one or two of these. Tell him Seb sent you. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It pays to get on here, and the VTXOA, daily and watch their classifieds sections. Brand new in box stuff can be had, but it's getting harder to find. As mentioned, it's been years since these bikes were made, and if a particular manufacturer did discontinue some things, there are other manufacturers that have just gone out of business. I scored that same dress-up kit for my 1800 just last year, and was extremely fortunate to be the first to see it and pull the trigger immediately. Remember if you snooze, you lose. Other sources that many of the younger generations use is ebay, Amazon, Craig's, facebook groups. I do not.
Ok Thank You a lot

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello

Thank you
Are you talking about the front and rear cylinder head covers are you?
Because BikeBandit sells these.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check out MrCycles.com. Their shipping is kind of high but they have almost everything for your bike. Can also check Partzilla.com. They, as well as the dealer, use the same diagrams so once you look it up once, you can just search on the OEM part number.

·
Registered
16,648 Posts
Are you talking about the front and rear cylinder head covers are you?
Because BikeBandit sells these.
I believe he means the lower cylinder and side case covers, as he mentioned 'base'.

Reactions: MR VTX
1 - 11 of 11 Posts