Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

Chrome front rotor covers

4K views 41 replies 9 participants last post by  Vinish 
#1 ·
Does anyone know of chrome rotor covers for the 1800 VTX, I'd like to put some LEDs on it and light up the spokes and not too keen on taping contacts on my wheel and brushes on my forks for the Raw Kit type lights. Hoping to set up like a ring of fire set up?!

#2 ·
Well I've been searching and can't find anything specifically for the VTX but I think maybe from a 1200 or older goldwing maybe? I have the old ones from the 1500 Goldwing I'll check those this weekend, working 12's all week and a 2 hour round trip makes for too tired to mess with it this evening. Also looking at wheel lights on Cyclemax, just didn't want the white tape on my chrome spoke rims. Guess if all else fails I can just put the small 360 LEDs on the forks and fab up a halfmoon plate for the swingarm, it's mostly covered in the back anyway, and will be even more concealed when I put on hardbags.....eventually

#7 ·
You show 'em how, Mike!

Reactions: ironmk
#11 ·
That is uber cool! When are you starting production/ for sale? Could be your "retirement gold mine". Or a hobby product like SPyKER's old air cleaner grilles were.

Reactions: ironmk and IndyX
#12 ·
I had same thought. He could sell just the cut pans and leave it to the buyer to do the finish work. There is a lot of headache in selling parts though. People get upset over nothing. Probably not worth it.

#13 ·
Looks great.

#15 ·
old school........ "ONE OFF" is better..

shows off the skills, time, dedication

as most will NOT DO..

J&M motorcycle radio and CB's
Baker Built Air Wings.

I was designing and building them long before they started.

Like painting engines black, with polished fins... I started this in 1973 on Honda's.

if you can not go from 2-3 a month, to Hundreds per week.. forget it.

making trailer hitches for motorcycles..
and altering car electronic trailer brake controllers for motorcycles
even altering one brand of add-on brakes to brands that did not offer brakes.
I was doing this in 1984...

I needed it or wanted it for me.. then others wanted same... but they were not willing to WAIT for me to get the time... or pay for the hours to do the work.

Great Job Mike

#17 ·

Cut out some flames, took the spacers to a machinist buddy and had them cut down the thickness of the covers!! Some Dremel and small file work, paint same as the bike and I ordered some red LEDs because I really couldn’t see the Amber ones and they were very poor quality. I’m very pleased with the way it’s turning out and taking the material out didn’t make it flimsy so I’m good there too!!! This will be a one of a kind modification I’m sure!!

#18 ·
YOU, Mike, are definitely ONE of a kind. And I mean that with luv, brother.

Reactions: IndyX
#21 ·
You're on FIRE! Really great stuff, Mike!

#29 ·
We can't wait either. :)
Look forward to the pics of the bike all together.

Fictional character Superhero Human Torch Justice league Cg artwork

#34 ·
I know its a moot point now but I just installed an LED kit on my bike. I used two 8" strips...one on either side of the fender and its lights up the wheel pretty well. I do like your idea too though.

#37 ·
Looks great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.