Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I do!!! n' Lovin' it!!!
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well here it is..........

you can hear it sucking air BIG TIME!!!

NOW pay attention: i have read plenty of times over and over that intakes really dont add much of anything in regards to power...........Well i honestly ONLY bought this for looks....Sincerely....HOWEVER, i did notice a significant power increase at the top of the power band!:confused: :hmm2::mosh::choppersm

install was pretty easy considering it came with no instructions, but i did have to figure out a thing or two, it does not come with 2 screws that are important so i had to figure out where to get them from (used the from the stock air cleaner cover)

overall i am happy with it!!!

Emilio

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
I don't remember reading that intakes don't increase power :hmm2:.....Getting more air and fuel into the engine is how you make more power...Certain intakes just flow more air than others...

·
I do!!! n' Lovin' it!!!
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't remember reading that intakes don't increase power :hmm2:.....Getting more air and fuel into the engine is how you make more power...Certain intakes just flow more air than others...
well here is one example http://www.vtxcafe.com/showthread.php?t=60888

but maybe i miss took it for the majority of aftermarket intakes dont differ much from one another? yet an increase in power and performance is to be expected???

either way, dont really care!!! :D got the look i want, didnt pay too much for it and got some unexpected power out of the bike!!! :mosh:

Ohhh and 0 leg clearance issues unlike the hypercharger!!! i got about 3" between it and my leg

·
Registered
475 Posts
Looks Good and you like it, Its a win. I think that there's a point when with our type engine, the amount of air can only be usefull to a point. For Example:
Got this from an advertisement
This Pro Series Hypercharger was designed for massive air-hungry V-Twin mills that like lots of RPM's.
The Pro Series Hyper will work on smaller stock engines also, but will perform about the same as the standard hypercharger on these engines.

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
I assume you mean post #4 in that thread??...It's all about the power to weight ratio...3-5 hp in a 3400 pound car isn't gonna be noticable, but 3-5 hp on a 750 pound motorcycle will definately be felt in the seat...The stock airbox is extremely restictive (checkout my decap thread to see what the inside looks like), any mod whether it's a modded stocker or change to an open style filter is gonna be a huge improvement over the stock one...Not gonna gain 20 hp, but like I said, 3-5 will feel like alot more from the seat...;) :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
got the look i want, didnt pay too much for it and got some unexpected power out of the bike!!! :mosh:
Good for you it sounds like a win win for ya, you got the eye candy you wanted with an unexpected bonus of freeing up some power. A lot of people buy an intake thinking it's going to light the world on fire with an otherwise stock bike only to be bummed out when it doesn't happen.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Glad you like it. I decided to go with the k&n with the decap mod. Got a used k&n and stock air box from a cafe member. Should get them Mon or Tues.

·
Reality Check Bounced
444 Posts
My riding Bud has one on his 1300 C and it looks great and I have a thunder cone air kit on order for my 1800 F that I hope will be here soon since I ordered it April 3rd.

·
Certifiable Member
527 Posts
BadAzz I like it :mosh::mosh::choppersm:choppersm:choppersm:choppersm:choppersm:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Whered you get it an how much??????/

·
I do!!! n' Lovin' it!!!
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks all!!! i really like it alot, glad i got it!! i will be adding leds inside the cone so light will shine through the slots and glow at night.

BadAzz I like it :mosh::mosh::choppersm:choppersm:choppersm:choppersm:choppersm:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Whered you get it an how much??????/

it was $130.00 shipped on ebay!

:mosh::choppersm

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Very nice and looks real good with those black pipes not sharing the shine. I was wondering if that was the ebay one....I had looked at it and really thought about going with it. Maybe now I'll think more about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed the same spike air cleaner/intake on my 2009 Honda VTX 1300C... I also have added Vance and Hines Cruzers so I am getting alot of air intake and alot going out through the pipes as well.... I am getting a little bit of a MISS when I accelerate but then it has good throttle...When I let off the throttle I get tons of popping....hence, I need to rejet it.....Now the big question, Anyone know which stage kit to use since niether the pipes or air intake are stock and its getting alot of air??? I am confident I can do it with the Dynajet kit but not sure which one to get or what settings...Anyone have any suggestions???

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
You may not need to rejet.....a pair valve removal may be all you need to stop the decel popping. If you do rejet, go with the factory pro kit not the dyno junk. I don't know anything about tuning but I've never read a good thing about the dynonet kits here. Several members use the factory pro and several have replaced dynojet kits with the FP kits.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts