Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body around Johnson City drilled there pipes? My wife would like to do hers but she wants to hear one. The sounds on the internet don't satisfy her. They all sound differant.:choppersm

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
The only thing it will do is satisfy her for a little while until she decides she want new pipes. I don't know of anyone that didn't like it, just wanted more after it was done (myself included).

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
The only thing it will do is satisfy her for a little while until she decides she want new pipes. I don't know of anyone that didn't like it, just wanted more after it was done (myself included).
I'm the odd ball, I only have two large 3/4" holes in mine (at 12 & 6 o'clock) instead of the 6 or 7 small ones and have no plans of changing it, mine is plenty loud enough for me.
(My disclaimer... my TA has 3" straight pipes with tiny baffles on the end which makes it very loud, so I'm keeping the bike in the mild range :D)

For jcasey, just to go at is slowly you can always drill one hole at a time with a 3/8" bit and let her ride it after each hole. Then if that's not enough switch to a 1/2" or even up to a 3/4" bit and make them larger.
The first key to the clayton is to drill the first hole at the 6 O'clock position, that will line you up on the end cap of the baffle, this will give you the deeper tone on the first hole. (a 3/4" in the same spot completely remove the end cap, and makes a big difference, that's why I stopped with just two large holes)
P.S. if she doesn't like it with even just one hole you can put a plug back in it to make it quiet again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts