Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I went out today and got the 1-3/4" Hole Saw to drill out the baffles. I did the before video and even video taped drilling out and removing the baffle. I can not believe how easy this was. I just put the hole saw over the baffle and drilled, it took all of 30 seconds per pipe. When I fired it up, I was shocked.....my VTX now sounds like a real bike.....not one of those Motor Scooters. I just can't wipe the smile off my face, I may be sleeping with a smile all night. I will post the video tomorrow.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've put together a video of the bike before the modification, the modification process, and the results. It can be viewed on Youtube. Check it out, let me know if it helps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KKhzGEgsLw

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had it out today, and in 5th gear it is loud, but not that loud. I seem to notice it more when I am coming up through the gears. But at the same time, I have a two year old at home, and have been able to slip off to work at 6:30AM without waking her. It is much deeper at idle now. It is well worth it, I don't see me getting aftermarket pipes at all now. Also no popping or backfireing has been noticed so far.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Great video! I i'm with Mon.. wonder if those tapers would fit on my 06 1300r?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would have no idea, but you would think they would fit. I bet there are a lot of factory pipes out there for very little money.

·
AIRBORNE
5,567 Posts
When I bought my 08 in Jan of 08, This was not an option, so 600 mile service new pipes.

It does sound better. I do see pipes in your future!:D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I bought my 08 in Jan of 08, This was not an option, so 600 mile service new pipes.

It does sound better. I do see pipes in your future!:D

You do? Maybe I will,.....it does seem that everone that does this Mod, does eventually go out and get new pipes.

For now though I am finding that it is a huge improvement. The bike actually seems to perform much better, and I can actually start the bike now without choke from cold and drive away (Which I couldn't do before the MOD).

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update: I got the urge to play with my drill some more today. I used a 3/8" 12" long drill bit and drilled 3 holes in each of the inner baffles. Definately a good idea, it is a little louder and a little deeper. If you have done this mod, you have to drill out the inner baffle as well!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts