Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started hearing a clicking sound in my front end. Everything seems tight up there but its still there. Any ideas?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Click or clank

Mine has the click sound in front. I first thought it sounded like a cable hitting something. Like you I have checked everything and nothing is loose. Valves fine just adjusted them and the noise was there before.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess I got to get used to the sounds of this bike.
It's all worth the ride. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Check the two bolts holding the front brake caliper on, I had them come out once when mechanic (no longer use one thanks to this website) didn't put loctite on them.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Is the rotor true? If not, it could be catching at one spot and moving the pads a little. Any rocks in the tire tread?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Great posts. I will be checking my R tonight!!

Well, I checked when I got home and the right allen bolts that pinch the end of the fork were loose.!! Holy smokes!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks Jerry (wanderingbear) for that feedback. I am a new VTX owner and wasn't sure if I was supposed to hear that constant clicking noise that changes with engine speed. I checked oil and was starting to question if a valve adjustment was needed. Its not major, you can just barely hear it whenever I wear a full face helmet--wind masks it with a half helmet :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was wondering the same thing about the "clicking". But after everything ive read here, it sounds like I shouldn't worry. Its definately in the engine, and is sometimes variable in terms of when I hear it. Im banking that it is normal.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Another thing it could be ids the grooves in the brake pads.
Can you hear a change if you pump the front brakes?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No change when I pump the brake - just the ordinary pad to rotor sound. Charlie D, I think it is the metal rod in the fender. I have an R and its more of a buzzing sound coming straight from the front end - only when I descelerate. However, I do need to jack it up and check everything. Great posts all.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Can you duplicate the sound by raising the RPMs while it's parked? Connectors in the headlight bucket tend to buzz and rattle a lot.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts