Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this sucks....Been four weeks since I got my brand new Ibanez 5 string bass, and also been four weeks since we had band practice...been something every week since then that has cancelled practice...I wouldn't think much of it, except that 2-3 weeks prior, I was wanting to just pack up my stuff and quit....Digging the music, just we aren't going anywhere...Every week it's playing the same 10 songs, 2-3 times through every week...Not gaining any ground doing that...So last night I posted a "bass player looking" ad on CL....Got a response within an hour!!....Ends up it's a brother drums/singer duo that's seen me jamming out and about, and seriously wants me to be in their band...So I guess I'm gonna go grab my equipment from the other place tomorrow morning and bring it home...Kinda sucks trying to hook up with guys to jam with...Chemistry has to be right, as well as the songs that we individually want to do has to....Gonna see what happens though...The deal I'm currently in will take at least 6 months before we're ready to play in any bar though...Too friggin' slow for me....:cool:

·
Pie liker/Snow Hater
9,911 Posts
Wow! The other day you & I touched on this subject briefly on another web media. I could tell you were perplexed with your current situation. What you have mentioned about your current band just sounded/sounds almost identical to my last band deal...feelings and everything else. Time to move on before there is greater disappointment, while you and all the folks are still on speaking terms too. Personally, I really feel that you need to gig with these new dudes. Got a good feeling about it. ;)

(My opinion of course. )

·
33,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! The other day you & I touched on this subject briefly on another web media. I could tell you were perplexed with your current situation. What you have mentioned about your current band just sounded/sounds almost identical to my last band deal...feelings and everything else. Time to move on before there is greater disappointment, while you and all the folks are still on speaking terms too. Personally, I really feel that you need to gig with these new dudes. Got a good feeling about it. ;)

(My opinion of course. )
And that other guy that chimed in on that subject is the vocalist of the band I'm about to dump...VERY talented guy, as is the drummer...But the guitar player has given me a bad vibe from the first day...I toldJjen about it and she kept convincing me to keep going, regardless of how my gut instinct made me feel....Someday she'll trust me gut feeling the way I do I guess...Just hasn't happened yet though...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Gotta do what you gotta do....also got a feeling you will do great ...:mosh:

I had to do the "closed door, open window" thing one time....got locked out of the house...:banghead:

·
33,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Forgot to mention one other thing last night...The guitarist lives where we practice, and this dude has 8 cats!!!....:icon_eek: And the house smells so bad that we can smell it in the basement....I dread going there every week just for that reason alone...Been kinda nice the past four weeks not having that odor stuck in my nose for hours after practice ;)...Gotta do some snow removal from the driveway in a few minutes, then head out to get my amp and stuff....Gonna let it air out in the garage a few days I think....

Gonna hurt some feelings I think doing this, but it's not any fun continuing on this path...Time to make a change...

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
Forgot to mention one other thing last night...The guitarist lives where we practice, and this dude has 8 cats!!!....:icon_eek: And the house smells so bad that we can smell it in the basement....I dread going there every week just for that reason alone...Been kinda nice the past four weeks not having that odor stuck in my nose for hours after practice ;)...Gotta do some snow removal from the driveway in a few minutes, then head out to get my amp and stuff....Gonna let it air out in the garage a few days I think....

Gonna hurt some feelings I think doing this, but it's not any fun continuing on this path...Time to make a change...

Gotta do what ya gotta do. Been there, it sux, when you wish you could bring along 1-2 guys with ya, but it doesn't usually work that way. Good luck with the new guys.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Hey Bass, yesterday when we were posting about our basses you sounded like you had just about made up your mind. Thats a good thing, that you dont keep being miserable month after month. Bands aint like wives or divorces, you dont have to pay alimony or child support!
Hope it works out for you.
Bry :cheers:

·
33,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well got back a little while ago with my stuff...Luckily it wasn't in the pawn shop!!..That woulda been ugly!!...No drama, just told him I wasn't feelin' it and packed up....He helped carry the speaker cabinets to the truck and we shook hands and wished each other good luck...

Now on to the next chapter in my musical endeavors...:cool:

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
Good job Bass! Lifes too short to be miserable. I was sold on you leaving when you said the guitarist had 8 cats. Must not take very good care of them if you could smell it for hours afterwards. Best of luck in the new endevour.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Sounds like it is working out Bill!! Keep us posted on the new band and I hope 2011 sees you out playing many times!!!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Sounds like you better check your gear for stow aways.:hmm2:If it was that bad in that house, you may have a couple of escapees.

Well got back a little while ago with my stuff...Luckily it wasn't in the pawn shop!!..That woulda been ugly!!...No drama, just told him I wasn't feelin' it and packed up....He helped carry the speaker cabinets to the truck and we shook hands and wished each other good luck...

Now on to the next chapter in my musical endeavors...:cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts