Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,003 Posts
What adjuster did you lose? There is a coarse adjustment at the bottom end of the clutch cable and a fine adjustment at the top end. I do not recall the exact way the cable fits into the lever. Would it be possible to take up a bunch of slack in the bottom adjuster to make up for the top one being gone? This would not work if the outer barrel of the cable fits into the upper adjuster which is probably the way it works.

·
Registered
04 Honda VTX 1300s
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the cable adjuster at the top my new one won't be in until Tuesday so about to go back out and search for it,
What adjuster did you lose? There is a coarse adjustment at the bottom end of the clutch cable and a fine adjustment at the top end. I do not recall the exact way the cable fits into the lever. Would it be possible to take up a bunch of slack in the bottom adjuster to make up for the top one being gone? This would not work if the outer barrel of the cable fits into the upper adjuster which is probably the way it works.
It's the Top Adjuster the new one won't be in until Tuesday and it puts me in a bad spot gonna go back out and try and find it

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,003 Posts
With that cable adjuster NOT installed, what happens when you pull the clutch lever? Does the cable get pulled and the outer barrel of the cable get stopped from moving by some other part of the clutch perch? If so, you could probably use the bottom coarse adjustment to get enough tension on the cable for it to work.

·
Registered
04 Honda VTX 1300s
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With that cable adjuster NOT installed, what happens when you pull the clutch lever? Does the cable get pulled and the outer barrel of the cable get stopped from moving by some other part of the clutch perch? If so, you could probably use the bottom coarse adjustment to get enough tension on the cable for it to work.
Iam gonna go give it a try and see what I can do appreciate your time.

·
Super Moderator
12,003 Posts
Woohoo. Crisis averted :)

Reactions: nickwuthnow850
1 - 8 of 8 Posts