Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally search for this kind of information on a forum first but since the search function isn't working I decided to post a new thread. So please don't flame me if this is a re-hash of old news.

My 02 1800C has a very very sensitive clutch. I only release the clutch a couple of millimeters and the bike lurches forward like the clutch is fully released. Also, when I did manage to get out on the road for a short test the gears were very hard to shift into, I had to do a bit of rev matching to get it back into a lower gear.

My father says that I should just exersize the clutch because it has sat in the garage all winter long. I haven't had a chance to test that theory yet due to a recent back surgery (no riding for me for ahwile :()

I was wondering if anyone else has suggestions?

Oh, BTW, it's an OEM clutch.

Thank you for your time.

·
Archive Digger
675 Posts
Man, You may need to bleed the clutch line. It sounds like it isnt releasing as it should. Also, you can use the search on this page: http://www.vtxcafe.com its on the top left. I dunno why it isnt available on every page, but oh well. Bleeding the clutch isnt hard. The bleeder valve is under the rear silver cover on the left side of the bike. Its like a 20 minute job.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The oil hasn't been changed yet this season since I haven't been able to ride. It's on my list of things to get done (along with new tires). And also I might bleed the clutch as well. I have a service manual and it didn't seem to much of a big deal. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts