Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on which is better. Getting ready to order one or the other and curious if the Honda Svc Manual is worth the additional 20 bucks.

Nevermind, I see this was posted before and read the thread. Still figuring the site out....

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
S'ok. If you never make a mistake, it's cause you ain't doing nothin'!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
if you have high speed internet, there is a 1300 honda shop manual available on the cafe for free download. Imho the Honda shop manual is better, although the Clymer manual isnt at all bad. Bry :choppersm

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bryan,
I've seen the Clymer, and did what you just mentioned - download the PDF version of Honda's manual. Both are good, but Honda manual looks to have better step by step detail.
Thanks,
Chip

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
One thing the Honda Manual doesn’t have that the Clymer does is a color-coded complete wiring diagram in the back of the manual.

This is how I made the decision, with all the Honda 1300 manual versions that can be downloaded on the forum, plus the Clymer in my hand I believe anything I could handle is covered.

Plus with all the help from the guys here on the forum with years of hands on experience, I would be able to do anything pertaining to the maintenance schedules and anything short of a major overhaul.

When it goes beyond what I can handle then I will take it to someone (like Bill) with the necessary special tools and knowledge to perform the work. (Stealer will be my last resort)

·
2,807 Posts
i have both and bounce info from each.

·
Registered
454 Posts
i have both and bounce info from each.
I agree. It's nice to have both. If I don't need a lot of detail, I tend to grab the Clymer. I actually bought the Clymer first ( found it on ebay for $20) then ran across a Honda manual on Craig's list for $15.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts