Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a good writer, but couldn't resist this post. Ive had my 02 1800 R for about a year. Love the power, the ride, and the thump, but one of the unfriendliest bikes I've owned. I've owned a bunch of them in 30+ years of riding. I added VH bigshots this spring and without a controller modification as expected it ran even worse. Lunge and lag in tight areas like parking lots. Dead spots in the curve if you're taking it easy through the gears and that spot about 60 mph that always felt like it was starving.

I'm sure the power commander works well, but Good News, anyone can install this without downloads, or dyno experiments! The price is less than a power commander with the O2 add on, especially if you include a dyno test.

I wasn't too apprehensive since the auto industry uses the same ECM/EFI technology for many years now, but this controller turned the bike into a different machine! Power curve is smooth as silk from idle to rev limit. No mater if you ease it through or nail it. It's an incredible difference. I'm not going to pay for a dyno test to see what the actual output curve is, but that's kind of the point with this controller. No tweaking with curves based on dyno results and no download change if you change components. Mileage didn't change much. A tank taking it easy at 42mpg and a tank having more fun at 35mpg. I took the air filter clear out for a quick trip down the black top and back, and smooth as silk. It compensated perfectly.

I did the install and complete bglry desmog in roughly 2 hours. if you've already done the desmog and familiar with the bike, its a 20 minute job. qualtiy connectors plug in series with the original injector connectors and hook up a ground. no splicing cutting. its clean.

Dont know how long this price will hold, but i picked it up at Cli-max.com for $459. That way below everyone else. I called Cobra to make sure they were legit. They commented they couldn't understand why, but they were, http://www.cli-maxridinggear.com/ser...ro-Auto/Detail

This is the only review i could find at the time. I think there are a few more now, http://www.dealernews.com/dealernews.../detail/684247

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from Spring, TeXas. :cheers:
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,259 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from North Idaho

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Welcome aboard from SE Texas! :cheers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gary, what deflectors, lights and shields are on you bike?

nope, just sharing. new product that i was impressed with.

that foliage and terrain in the back ground looks familiar. i lived in mcallen from 94-98.

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
Howdy from Arkansas!
If you love your X, you'll love this place! Read, read, read the forums!They'll give you all the info to keep you bike purring and a hella lot cheaper the taking it tothe stealer! If you need a question answered, make sure you post it in the right forum.You'll get the right answer faster.

Rebel

·
Sarge
643 Posts
Welcome from Noblesville, Indiana....I guess I was fortunate, no computer changes needed when I put on my pipes and opened up the breather...of course it ran great before I did the mods too...now it runs better...hope you find the help you need.

·
Brooklyn New Yorker
385 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the cafe from Sanford Florida. Welcome to the VTX family.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Duck Down

Welcome from Tampa FL. Thank you for the post, I need to one for my bike and have been watching for advice. I started a thread in performance mods.:choppersm

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Welcome to the CAFE from Louisiana. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Welcome from Idaho...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts