Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
215 plus gravity
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2004 VTX 1300-S. I have a cobra backrest and the easy brackets made for the cobra backrest.

I really want a detachable/quick release backrest for solo rides. I cant find one made by cobra. Anyone know of one - or a mod to the cobra backrest to make it work.

Also, if I buy the paladin quick release - can I still use my same easy brackets? I assumed you would just need a slightly longer bolt to accomodate the extra hardware but I am not sure. There has to be some difference because the products are different for the cobra/paladin when you buy the brackets from easy brackets.

Any ideas?

Scott

·
Cafe Vendor
3,785 Posts
YOur best bet would be to call Easy Brackets and tell them what you want to do and see what they have to say.

With the way Easy Brackets are made I would think if you switched to the Paladin system they would not fit anylonger.

I think the Ghost Bracket line are universal and offer different mounts based on backrest, whereas Easybrackets are different for the different backrest options.

·
215 plus gravity
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man, thanks for the reply.

Got an email from someone at easy brackets today. He says I can use the same bracket, but will need new docking posts and bolts for the paladin system. The new posts and bolts are just $30 including shipping. Not a bad idea.

Thanks again,

Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts