Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me a newbie but...

I have the Cobra Fatty engine guards with the fully adjustable Kury Longhorn offset peg holders and nice foot rests. The problem is that the offsets are perfect for a rider with a shorter than engine guard legspan or longer than engine guard legspan, I however appear to be exactly engine guard legspan...

I need some highway pegs that will mount directly up on the cobra fattys without any offsets, anybody got any suggestions or pics?

B-No

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
I don't have pegs to swap, but I will buy yours if the price is agreeable...

PM the part numbers of the pegs and offsets and what you want for them.. I need some for my fatties...

Spoiler

·
Super Moderator
10,742 Posts
I don't know the Longhorn mounts but are you sure you could not arrange the bar clamp and the Longhorns in such a way that the pegs were even with the highway bar? Perhaps you can face the mounting bracket/bar clamp forward and bring the Longhorns backward. Or maybe you can put the mounting bracket/bar clamp lower and have the Longhorns bend upward.

I know that these bar clamps and "peg holders" from Kuryaken can be arranged so they are in front of, even with, or past the highway bar. I know this because I have them on mine and my wife's bike:

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/467/Offset-Highway-Pegs

G'day,

Vinish

·
Re-member
1,078 Posts
I don't know the Longhorn mounts but are you sure you could not arrange the bar clamp and the Longhorns in such a way that the pegs were even with the highway bar? Perhaps you can face the mounting bracket/bar clamp forward and bring the Longhorns backward. Or maybe you can put the mounting bracket/bar clamp lower and have the Longhorns bend upward.

I know that these bar clamps and "peg holders" from Kuryaken can be arranged so they are in front of, even with, or past the highway bar. I know this because I have them on mine and my wife's bike:

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/467/Offset-Highway-Pegs

G'day,

Vinish
+1 on that... I have the same set-up, and while I was messing around trying to decide on the position that I would keep, I did have my pegs lined up with the bracket... they are really adjustable. By the way, they saved my bacon last fall. Not only do they look good, they do their job, too!:mosh:

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
So are these the only clamps that are made for the cobra Fattys then? B-No
There may be other clamps that fit the fatty's, but make sure they are for 1-1/2"

Cobra Fatty's are a larger diameter (1-1/2") than most other crash bars... The others are usually 1-1/4". Cobra also makes a regular crashbar/highway bar of a lesser diameter as well.

A lot of people prefer the Fatty's for durability during any unscheduled get-off :icon_susp

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the Kury longhorn 1 1/2 inch clamp. Here is my setup

The nice thing about it is you can raise or lower the clamp and tilt the longhorn to almost any position you want. I tried several ways with the clam facing the rear and the long horn lower. This was the most comfortable for me. I took a piece of rubber from a bycicle tube and put it under the clamp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts