Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And we complain about cold!. I just returned home from a Thanksgiving weekend and as I heading out of Detroit on I-94 I looked in my rear view mirror I saw a car with a headlight out -- Nope it was a biker running 75 -80 and I followed him for 30+ miles. That had to be a cold ride at that speed.
Nope I'm not doing that. I'll wait to spring. He must have had one dam cold iron but.

Donut:patriot:

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
Will get my taste of the "COOL" weather riding this week.

Morning lows in the mid to high 20°'s. Highs for the days are low 50°'s to Low 60°'s. 40 miles one way. :icon_chuc..Gonna be fun !!..:icon_chuc

'Burban going in the shop tomorrow so it's two wheels for the rest of the week.

Wish I had my Gerbing stuff already but the 'Burban repairs takin' those $$$$$'s. Nothing like about 3 Grand out of pocket just before Christmas.

Gotta replace the electronics for all of the cutsie electronic settings that are done from the steering wheel buttons, this problem led to a burnout of the heater fan unit and control module + going to have to replace the rear end.

When it rains it pours (gotta put a new battery on the wife's Monte SS this afternoon) - I am lucky I have a family owned shop that I have used for years and I trust or this could be really expensive. :icon_cry2..LOL..:icon_cry2

1st •> :choppersm2nd •> •> :choppersm3rd •> •> •>:choppersm4th •> •> •> •> :choppersm Gone •> •> •> •> •> _____ :choppersm​
•• National Cycle Switchblade 2up Windshield, National Cycle Switchblade Chrome Lowers •• Clocks4bikes Clock-Thermometer •• Big Bike Parts/Chrome Rear Brake Reservoir Cover, Drive Shaft Bolt Trim •• BrakeAway Throttle Control •• Paladin Highway bar •• Cobra Luggage Rack, Sissy bar & Tribal Insert, Drive Shaft Cover •• Barrel Bag •• Saddlemen SaddleStow Sissy Bar Deluxe Bag •• Willie & Max Windshield bag •• VTXExhaust.com 12" Short •• VTX Master Cylinder covers •• WhyPush "X" Air Box, K&N Filter •• Cycle House side covers •• Biglry & Bones Fuel Management •• Coyote Gas Cap hinge •• Kuryakyn ISO Grips & Throttle Boss, SwingWing Foot Pegs, Dually offset pegs, License Plate Mount for VX 1800C, License Plate frame, Texas Inspection Sticker plate •• Hondaline Chrome Light Bar for 1800C •• HealTech Digital Gear Indicator/eCaddy Accessory Mount •• Cardo Intercom Scala Q2 & G4 •• iPod •• Avon Cobra 200 -130 tires & Dyna Beads •• Tsukayu Strong bags/EasyBrackets •• Ultimate Bigboy driver seat with backrest and passenger seat •• Rivco Tachometer for 1800 C, Rivco 6" risers, Rivco Passenger boards/forward adaptors •• Big Bike Parts Chrome Drive Shaft Bolt Trim •• Gremlin Bell •• Signal Minder -- next on list • Tweaked Scotrod Tool Bag mod, Rivco Custom LED Lighted Turn Signal Motorcycle Mirrors, Xena XX14 Motorcycle Disc Lock Alarm, Stebel Horn, Progressive shocks….
:patriot:..........• Blessed to have been born in Texas •..........:patriot:
• Blessed to have been raised in Texas •
• Blessed to Live in Texas •
• If things continue as they are going - Hopefully I will be Blessed to see Texas as a Sovereign Nation again before I pass •
• Blessed I will be buried in Texas •

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
rjtmac, i feel your pain. I got hit with several thousand dollars of totally unexpected expenses this month. Wife, 3 kids, grandkids still gonna be looking for christmas presents. Well, we do what we can do, right? I'm just lucky i bought my X this spring. Gonna ride 5o miles this afternoon when its up in the high 30s, low 40s. Hang in there!
Bry

·
Miles: 50,000+
7,104 Posts
Will get my taste of the "COOL" weather riding this week.

Morning lows in the mid to high 20°'s. Highs for the days are low 50°'s to Low 60°'s. 40 miles one way. :icon_chuc..Gonna be fun !!..:icon_chuc

'Burban going in the shop tomorrow so it's two wheels for the rest of the week.

Wish I had my Gerbing stuff already but the 'Burban repairs takin' those $$$$$'s. Nothing like about 3 Grand out of pocket just before Christmas.

Gotta replace the electronics for all of the cutsie electronic settings that are done from the steering wheel buttons, this problem led to a burnout of the heater fan unit and control module + going to have to replace the rear end.

When it rains it pours (gotta put a new battery on the wife's Monte SS this afternoon) - I am lucky I have a family owned shop that I have used for years and I trust or this could be really expensive. :icon_cry2..LOL..:icon_cry2

Maybe you could do the work yourself and save all that cash from the labor cost? Chevy's aint to bad to work on, especially the trucks. You got lots of room to manuever. I think if you can work on your bike you could work on your burb? Get a good repair manual, like a Haynes or Chilton and go at it.

Just a thought, more money for goodies that way...​

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
[/CENTER]
Maybe you could do the work yourself and save all that cash from the labor cost? Chevy's aint to bad to work on, especially the trucks. You got lots of room to manuever. I think if you can work on your bike you could work on your burb? Get a good repair manual, like a Haynes or Chilton and go at it.

Just a thought, more money for goodies that way...​
Would love to ... but at this moment in time it is not really an option.

Have my mother and dad changing Assisted Living facilities .. 200 mile move in a week and a half. 3 or 4 Family Christmases in the next 3 weeks. Consultants coming in Thursday to start install of new Software Management Application at the Hospital where I work - be here for a week to 10 days. Attempting to rig a new support structure for the roof of the 40 year old Quonset Barn on the place ( a real fun project ) to keep it from caving in. These little events in addition to Basketball games to travel to, State Football playoff games, Piano recitals, church activities and the list goes on.

Geeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz I made myself tired and depressed just writing about it .... Thanks M-2 ..................... :icon_sadb...LOL...:icon_sadb

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
28 degrees going into work this morning. A bit nippy even with the wing and heated gloves. The ride home in the mid 40s was much nicer. Of course I had to take the long way home...an extra 70 miles out of my way.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Went and topped the tank off today...got all bundled up, chaps, two leather coats, gloves, ear buds for the Ipod, no helmet or beanie. I put in about sixty miles just riding around the area. It wasn't too bad. I think the chaps make all the difference. I am done until the next 50 degree day.:) It was nice getting to ride again...I got my grin back. ha!

·
Registered
941 Posts
I give you guys alot of credit .... think Im gonna change my cafe handle name to sumcoldpussguy ...

Im originally from Long Island ... but lived much of my adult life in the south (on one coast or another) between the relo and while serving.

I start to carry the heated gloves and jacket (recent pant addition this year) when the temps hit 50 .... brrrrrrrr .....

·
Pie liker/Snow Hater
9,911 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts