Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. I recently bought a used 2006 Honda VTX 1300. I am working on it to get it back up in top shape to ride.

On the bottom of the carburetor there are two hoses. If you are on the right side of the bike and have the air box removed and looking at the carburetor, the hose on the left is cracked and leaking coolant down onto the engine fins. I am having a heck of a time locating the hose on a parts diagram.

Does anyone know what these two hoses are called and/or their part numbers? I have circled them in the attached image. In the attached image, the one I think is leaking is the one on the right (which would be on the left if looking from the air box side of the bike).

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should be able to consult the parts diagrams from various motorcycle parts sites to find your part but if you cannot find it, you could probably use some generic coolant hose of suitable size from an auto parts store. It may not have the exact needed molded in bends but would probably still work fine.
So, I am consulting the partzilla.com diagram, but the hoses are not listed on the carburetor diagram. I thought they might be listed on the radiator (since they seem to be coolant hoses), but I am not seeing them listed there either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Would appreciate it if someone could confirm. Are the hoses in question

1.)

HOSE A, WATER
Item #: 19531-MEA-670

HOSE B, WATER
Item #: 19534-MEA-670

OR

2).

The service manual just calls them water hoses. So, in the parts manual, on the radiator diagram, I found the two water hoses (A & B in 1.) above), but this post over on VTX OA identifies them as fuel tank #7 and carburetor #36.

I called them coolant hoses earlier because the hose on the left (facing the air box/right side of bike) has green coolant liquid coming out of the hose.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can say with confidence that these hoses are not what you are looking for
fuel tank part #7 is the vacuum line for the petcock
carburetor part #36 is just what it says , fuel line.
Afraid I can't help much more than that.

Where do you live? Do you ride in cold enough weather to need to warm your carburetor? If not you could disconnect the 2 hoses fro bottom of carb, trim them, and put the 2 hoses togetherwith a small hose barb similar to this:
Amazon.com: Vis Brass Hose Barb Fitting, Splicer/Union/Mender, 3/16" Barbed x 3/16" Barbed Fuel Line Connector (Pack of 5) : Industrial & Scientific
I live in Oklahoma City. The latest in the year that I would ride my motorcycle would really be around October each year and it's not cold enough in October to affect the carburetor. I figured the Water A and Water B hoses weren't what I was looking for either as they look too big in some images I have seen. So, I went ahead and ordered the tube B vacuum and bulk hose, fuel (3.5x3000) as they were cheap and I need those anyways.

I will go ahead and try your suggestion. You think those 2 hoses at the bottom of the carb are 3/16"?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts