Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found the thread on this, but since it's 11 years old, the pictures aren't there anymore. Basically, I get the process. But, I'd like to know if I can do the job without fully removing the tank. I would expect it could be pivoted up a bit just enough to gain access to the filler cap, perhaps fill it with a funnel and hose. This would be preferred to a full removal and risk of breaking electrical connectors and such, especially when I need to run the bike a couple of times during the process. Anyone ever done it this way?

I can a 2006 C model.

·
Super Moderator
10,469 Posts
What you describe might be possible but removing the tank is quite easy. Rather than disconnect any electrical connections, take the dash off the tank, wrap it in a cloth, and tuck it into the handlebars. This allows the tank to be more easily removed.

The bike can run for about 1-2 miles with the fuel in the carb float bowl. This is probably enough time to get the coolant flowing and "burp" the system.

Reactions: RBull

·
Whatever...
707 Posts
My pictures are still in my post in that thread.

My bike is an '05 "-S". While it might be possible to access the coolant fill without removing the tank, I wouldn't try it. It is not difficult to remove the tank. Post 100 even has a video on how to do it!. I suggest that you remove the instrument panel from the tank BUT keep it plugged in, and then simply remove the tank. see my post, which I have linked for your convenience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts