Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snapped '07 VTX1300R and picked up replacement part (33450-MEA-671). Problem is that new part has only green and blue (2) wires while broken stem (and headlamp assembly) show orange, orange/white and green (3) wires.

Was thinking that I received incorrectly labeled replacement but OEM diagram depicted whenever you search for replacement part also shows two leads.

Anyone have any ideas why the discrepancy in wire color/count??

thanks
r

·
Cafe Vendor
3,785 Posts
Snapped '07 VTX1300R and picked up replacement part (33450-MEA-671). Problem is that new part has only green and blue (2) wires while broken stem (and headlamp assembly) show orange, orange/white and green (3) wires.

Was thinking that I received incorrectly labeled replacement but OEM diagram depicted whenever you search for replacement part also shows two leads.

Anyone have any ideas why the discrepancy in wire color/count??

thanks
r
The OEM Left Turnsignal wires are as follows:
Orange/White - Positive for Running Lights
Green - Ground
Orange - Blinker Positive

If your replacement only has 2 wires Like our rear signals then it is for a single element bulb with no running light option (dual element 3 wire bulb)

Hope this helped some

Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very helpful - thanks. Now to understand why the part received only had two wires. I suspect I was sent a rear unit which I believe does not incorporate running lights.

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Very helpful - thanks. Now to understand why the part received only had two wires. I suspect I was sent a rear unit which I believe does not incorporate running lights.
Yep...It's a rear signal....You got the wrong one sent to you...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very much appreciate the help. Other than an authorized Honda dealer, can anyone recommend a good place to buy such a part - and one that actually corresponds to the part number?

·
Cafe Vendor
3,785 Posts
Very much appreciate the help. Other than an authorized Honda dealer, can anyone recommend a good place to buy such a part - and one that actually corresponds to the part number?
You can buy OEM parts from HDL and a few other websites. They have a Honda parts Fische to use on their sites.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts