Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been 3 weeks since the bike has been started and ridden any distance. Its been really cold here and some ice and snow on the roads. But today it was 42 degrees and I got off of work early. I rushed home and got geared up. Rode for about 50 miles and treated the bike to some Seafoam before putting her away. Hurry up next warm spell! Hamph

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
i feel your pain brother! i am ready for warm weather too!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
:) Thats exactly what i have planned to do tomorrow if the weather cooperates! It's specially sweet to ride during the cold weather months.
I'm glad u got out, Hamph :mosh:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I too feel ya hamph I hope to do the same when possible. Been talkin to the wife about moving to where its warm ALL year long. She says she's game as soon as our girls graduate. It helps that she rides too.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I cant wait for spring. Its supposed to reach 47 here on Monday which is unheard of for this time of year in this area. If the roads are dry Ill definitely be out and about

·
Registered
106 Posts
i hate this time of year, jersey is too cold for me to be on two wheels, i think it was a high of 26 today, come on april be safe all and enjoy ur holidaze

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
We also had a decent day for the first time in about two weeks, it was 26*f when I left for work this am, but by noon it was mid 40's, so I spent my lunch hour riding, then got in a short ride after work, felt nice to ride again, but this may very well be the last ride of the year. Haven't had a chance to do any quick rides in January last couple of years, and usually not until late February do I get a chance to get some riding in all winter, so it could be a long spell out of the saddle.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Well, finally i got out for a couple hours of riding with my brother and friend. Nothing fancy, just some windy back roads, small towns, stopping at a Fosters Grille for a super burger. Virginia and east coast guys should know about Fosters Grille. Then it was getting dark and cold and we headed back to put the iron horses back in their barn.
Good riding still, Bry :choppersm

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
Its been 3 weeks since the bike has been started and ridden any distance. Its been really cold here and some ice and snow on the roads. But today it was 42 degrees and I got off of work early. I rushed home and got geared up. Rode for about 50 miles and treated the bike to some Seafoam before putting her away. Hurry up next warm spell! Hamph
Hamph, I too got out with 43 degrees...that's to cold for this southern boy. I got home, took bath and climbed into my bed, turned mattress pad and electric blanket on and started cooking. My little bride walked in a little later and stated that I looked like a big hot dog laying there, hee, hee.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts