Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally left over the road trucking and have a life now, getting back on my VTX 1800R again after only putting 200 miles on it over the last few years. I haven't been on the forum for several years so I am out of the loop on things.

I have a cobra fattie highway bar (1.5") and cannot find any highway pegs to fit it, they all seem to be 1.25", I feel they must make them this size but I don't know where, I can't even remember where I ordered the crash bar from. Any ideas where I can find 1.5" mount highway pegs? I looked on Dennis Kirks website so far with no luck.

I also want to get a set of passenger running boards to replace the pegs..

I seem to remember there was a company that dealt with specifically with honda stuff, but I can't remember what it was (sux getting old, lol)

thanks so much!

·
Registered
2007 1300C
453 Posts
This should keep you busy for a while

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This should keep you busy for a while

Hey Thanks! (now why didn't I think of that?!! )

·
Registered
16,335 Posts
Yes. Kuryaykn makes several styles of clamps that should work. I have a set of Drag Specialties 'Popsicle Pegs', and they came with a 3-pc. clamp that allows fit of different size bars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Passenger running boards from Goldwing worked for me, even the mounting bolts. The match the front enough that many think they came that way. It took a drill, tap and a way to hold the bike vertical to be sure i drilled level. Sorry, Its filthy in these pics. I don't think it would have worked with stock exhaust but you can see there is a big chunk of metal to work with. Good luck.
IMG_4786.JPG

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts