Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some pictures of his new ride:

Looks nice from the back... I rode it the other day, much higher center of gravity but it's kinda nice. Glad he's joined our community and looking forward to going on some rides and watching his learning curve ;)

Mort:cheers:

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
Always pretty awesome when someone you know gets bitten by the "bug", and yes, it is neat watching them grow into hopefully good riding habits, sometimes, you see them doing something not quite right, and realize you do the same thing, so it's a two-way street as far as learning from each other. Be sure to tell him everyone here at the Cafe welcomes him to the world of two-wheels!!! Reguardless what he's riding.

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
OMG I hate the tag mounts on Harleys...why just why would they do that to them :eek::eek:
I'm with you there...Having the license plate sticking up like that is not only ugly, but I personally know several ladies that have had there right leg cut while getting on or off a Harley from the license plate sticking up like that...

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
I'm with you there...Having the license plate sticking up like that is not only ugly, but I personally know several ladies that have had there right leg cut while getting on or off a Harley from the license plate sticking up like that...

Yep, that thing needs a lay-down mod, or a side mount mod.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Untill I'm given a reason to believe otherwise, anyone on two wheels is OK with me. Welcome him to the biker world.

·
The Wanderer
6,665 Posts
It's always exciting welcoming a new guy to two wheels and I'm sure that you will help him out plenty!

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Untill I'm given a reason to believe otherwise, anyone on two wheels is OK with me. Welcome him to the biker world.
Well put.
Tell him enjoy it and ride safe.:choppersm

·
Chrome Ho
2,037 Posts
Nice bike. I know several now riding sportsters. Sporty's arent bad lil bikes if youre a small framed person. Friend of mine bought one last week also and stopped by with it.

Fury's arent bad bikes either. Just way over priced compared to a VTX. They run and ride good though.

·
Old Rider, newer VTX
185 Posts
Nice bike. I know several now riding sportsters. Sporty's arent bad lil bikes if youre a small framed person. Friend of mine bought one last week also and stopped by with it.

Fury's arent bad bikes either. Just way over priced compared to a VTX. They run and ride good though.

I test sat the Fury earlier this year at Daytona and did not like the stock saddle at ALL...the upturned "horn" at the tank does not do Jim and the Twins any good at all.:banghead: Other than that I like the styling and seat hight.

·
WTF, Over!
8,338 Posts
Always pretty awesome when someone you know gets bitten by the "bug", and yes, it is neat watching them grow into hopefully good riding habits, sometimes, you see them doing something not quite right, and realize you do the same thing, so it's a two-way street as far as learning from each other. Be sure to tell him everyone here at the Cafe welcomes him to the world of two-wheels!!! Reguardless what he's riding.
Well said!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
have you asked how long it took to get the smile off his face.not a better day than getting a new bike.congrat's to him

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He's still got that chit eating grin... only thing is it got 'cold' for us here in Florida :) I've been teasin him, but in all honesty I've got the gear, he's still acquiring... I'm debating whether to introduce him to ya Paul... if he sees you're work he may get divorced lol :)

Thanks for the well wishes, I'm going to send him a link to this thread. As for the license plate... THAT'S WHAT I'M HERE TO ENCOURAGE!! MODS!!! :) :)

Mort

... edit: enough smiles in this post? :)

·
Registered
941 Posts
I owned two Sportsters. They are a great bike. The 1200 is quick and nimble. Not that great for 2 up (with gear) though ...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts