Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
nivensid
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read in several posts where the crankcase breather was moved to the left side of the motor between the jugs using a small breather from Autozone. I have looked at the breather in the store and would like to see a pic of it installed in this location. Any fabrication involved to mount??

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
You really don't want that filter to run between the cylinders it pukes crap out and you are better served by running a new line down the backbone of the bike then under the seat area and down the side of the battery box to almost the ground put the filter there and zip tie to secure it.

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
You really don't want that filter to run between the cylinders it pukes crap out and you are better served by running a new line down the backbone of the bike then under the seat area and down the side of the battery box to almost the ground put the filter there and zip tie to secure it.
Thanks Charlie I have one of Doug air filters, the red cone one, and he made me a special intake . In oeder to reduce the size the hose no longer goes into the intake but require the extra $10 filter to match the air filter. I was wondering where to put it is I decide to mount the new filter. You have a great idea there. Thanks again.

·
WildBikers.com Owner
2,340 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here is where I put Mine, under the new intake - It is located in the same hole that was used for the OEM Airbox Bracket I no longer needed! You Can buy the crankcase filter off of Ebay for $9.95 I just didn't use the Mount!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motorcycle-Chrome-Crankcase-Breather-Filter-Harley-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem439a8289f5QQitemZ290355055093QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

This is the same place that I have my crankcase filter located, has worked great for about 3 years but now im getting oil from it ,,,trickling and blowing over engine casing

1 - 6 of 6 Posts