Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 04 vtx 1300 ran great but kept losing power sometimes it would pick back up others completly die. Finally it died and cranked but wouldn't start at all. Ive checked fuses drained tank replaced vacuum line from carb cleaned carb and filter still nothing. Ive had issues in past about black wire with white dashes replaced it it ran great. I know the ECM has very brittle wires and one may have broken in insulation but cant find it. I notice no spark to plugs. How do I trouble shoot this mess. Please help

·
Super Moderator
10,298 Posts
Verify no spark to the plugs by cranking it in the dark with some plugs removed but still connected to the boot and grounded. The spark will be obvious in the dark. Cranking but no start has to be due to lack of fuel or lack of spark. Theoretically, it could be lack of compression or lack of air but these are virtually never the problem. You have to figure out if the problem is lack of fuel or spark and go from there. You can also spray starter fluid into the carb and see if it starts.

Reactions: StarrRider
1 - 2 of 2 Posts