Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang,
As my first upgrade I'm looking at adding crash bars to my stock VTX1300R. I searched for forums and seems like Cobra Fatty's are the way to go.

I am 6'8" and would like to get some forward controls some day to let me stretch out my legs more but need to save up some $$.

From looking at pictures it looks like the forward controls and crash bars would mount at the same point so is it not possible to have them both on the same bike?

Z

·
Registered
133 Posts
Let us know what you find.
Cobra freeway bars and pegs are on order and will be installed soon.
Next step was to get forward controls. Seems to me that the forward controls would fit in the between the freeway bars and the frame. Hope so at least.
at 6'2" I am not real tall, but still feel the ol cramp from my feet being in too close.

·
Banned
233 Posts
For me it's a question of safety. I'm too big, even for the 1800. At full lock in a slow turn, the grips trap my knee against the tank. That's not a good feeling at all. I need something to move my feet away so my knees drop down below the top of the tank.

·
Registered
133 Posts
A good pair of 6" risers would help with the handlebars smashing the knees against the tank. Something else I need to get. sigh....
In the meantime, I loosened the bar and rotated the bar up quite a bit. Took it as far up as was comfortable but still need more height. Always have to remember to flex my knee out if I am doing a sharp turn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts