Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html
check this thing out,,, so simple yet it works ! i thought it was well worth the 20 bucks. it looks a little funky on the bike but you can put it on or take it off in 2 seconds. i tested it out on a 300 mile run to americade bike rally at lake george ny this week and i'll tell ya, my right arm never felt so good. cruise control is key,,, and this little gadget was right up my alley. ride safe & enjoy !:choppersm

·
Registered
68 Posts
Interesting product. just one question. when you pull brake level does it disengage automatically? or have to twist throttle forward?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just twist it foward , thats it !

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
Guys going to sell a bunch. Great idea.

·
243 Posts
Don't get me wrong... I like this product, but since it doesn't automatically kick the "cruise" off when the brake is applied..... I see some serious litigation in their future.....

·
Re-member
1,078 Posts
Seems pretty slick... wish I'd thought of it!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Don't get me wrong... I like this product, but since it doesn't automatically kick the "cruise" off when the brake is applied..... I see some serious litigation in their future.....
Neither does the Vista Cruise. This looks like it may be easier to engage.

:cheers:

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Lots of throttle lock type cruise units on the market, and have been since the 1970's...Never heard of any lawsuits yet involving any of them, and they don't disengage with the brake either...

·
Power Cruiser User
137 Posts
Not sure about that version of cruise control but for 20 bux I'd say it's worth a shot. I've got a vista cruise (was on it when I bought it) on the vtx and hardly ever use it. When I travel a long distance on the bike it's mainly to the mountains of TN and it's virtually worthless for that being a lock instead of an actual cruise devise.

When we went to the dragon last sept. I used the vista on I-75 for a while in Ohio but once we crossed the river bridge it was clicked off and rarely used.

Blue Ridge Parkway

Deal's Gap

Dragon Slayer 129

·
Registered
912 Posts
http://www.2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html
check this thing out,,, so simple yet it works ! i thought it was well worth the 20 bucks. it looks a little funky on the bike but you can put it on or take it off in 2 seconds. i tested it out on a 300 mile run to americade bike rally at lake george ny this week and i'll tell ya, my right arm never felt so good. cruise control is key,,, and this little gadget was right up my alley. ride safe & enjoy !:choppersm
I got the $35.00 throttle lock on for years now.This looks like a good product serves its purpose,hell i cant see paying for one of those top end ones that cost as much as a new tire.

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
That is what the clutch is for. Pul it in and you stop driving the rear tire.

·
USAF Ret Security Police
520 Posts
Looks like it is designed for plain rubber type grips and ISO grips would be to big for it though. For $20 looks like it would work.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts