Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a cup holder for the 1800s. Dont want to spend $90, so if anyone has had good luck with the cheaper models, I would appreciate any feedback. I'd prefer chrome over plastic, but quality and functionality are most important. Thanks!

·
Too short for my weight
5,404 Posts
My bike came a kruzer kaddy cup holder. Well made and I like it, but I don’t know off the top of my head what they cost....

Reactions: aceflyer32

·
Registered
2009 VTX 1300R, Long Island NY
554 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,999 Posts
Reactions: aceflyer32

·
From ID, GO VANDALS!
322 Posts
I made a couple for my bike. Mostly for my coffee cup on the way to work and back. My wife and I have used them for longer trips as well. These originally were located in the same place on my 1100 Sabre, so had to make some brackets to make them work on the VTX.

Just used some 3" round aluminum pipe and put some foam weatherstripping pieces in them to cushion the cups. Tapered coffee or to go cups fit the best as they slide in and stay put.

Stay safe and healthy!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can understand a cup holder for the car so I can have a swallow as I'm driving, but why on a bike as the idea of a swig of my coffee or soda while riding doesn't seem like what I would want to do that can't wait until get to where I'm going.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,453 Posts
I can understand a cup holder for the car so I can have a swallow as I'm driving, but why on a bike as the idea of a swig of my coffee or soda while riding doesn't seem like what I would want to do that can't wait until get to where I'm going.
Usually the same for me I pull out the liquids every fuel stop. Not everyone is a camel like me though.

·
From ID, GO VANDALS!
322 Posts
I have never drank while riding, it is more for transporting to my destination. My wife has taken a drink while passengering..:coffee::)

·
Too short for my weight
5,404 Posts
What keeps the cup itself in place? You know from not bouncing out when you hit a bump.
Physics I’m guessing..... :) There’s a cup coozy thing that helps if it’s a smaller container like a can, but I keep a water bottle in the holder without the cozy thing and it stays just fine.

·
Registered
16,478 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
I'm thinking of something like 68valiant did. I've had several minor spills carrying coffee to work. Don't see myself drinking while riding, but quick access could be nice.

Reactions: 68valiant
1 - 12 of 12 Posts