Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SPyKERMods.com Owner
1,960 Posts
That was the flattest darkside I've seen on anything less than a drag bike.

But I think it was the rider, not the tire, that failed here.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
that didnt look too good. :eek: It was a pretty good bail job by the rider though. He probably saved himself from some serious injuries as long as the bike didnt flip onto him. Hopefully his speed wasnt too high.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
It looked like it was time for a new front tire. I really don't even know what to say. I dont want any camera's around if I wipe out, I don't need to be reminded about how dumb I am.. It looked like we was a little fast in the transition tho. :hmm2:

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
You go into a corner too hot and get that sideways, doesn't matter what tire you have on the back...You're gonna eat the pavement....

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
Fellas, I think he's actually going very slow when he finally dumps. With the rubber already burned in the pavement to the left, looks like he locked up the rear and it swung around, he was almost stopped and the momentum made him tilt and lean over... almost as if you just lost balance and fell over... the whole sequence of the fall he hardly moves laterally at all, and his leg is almost fully extended downward during his tumble rather than his upper torso leading completely and legs trailing... estimated forward speed 2-3 mph during the fall.

As for the tires, I don't think they have anything to do with it. As Bill mentioned I think he 'entered' hot and locked up out of shock of the turns down and right angle, locked it up, swung the rear around and fell over.

My $.02.

Mort

Personally I think it was a really cool sequence, and bet the guy is just fine (wounded pride aside).

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Fellas, I think he's actually going very slow when he finally dumps. With the rubber already burned in the pavement to the left, looks like he locked up the rear and it swung around, he was almost stopped and the momentum made him tilt and lean over... almost as if you just lost balance and fell over... the whole sequence of the fall he hardly moves laterally at all, and his leg is almost fully extended downward during his tumble rather than his upper torso leading completely and legs trailing... estimated forward speed 2-3 mph during the fall.

As for the tires, I don't think they have anything to do with it. As Bill mentioned I think he 'entered' hot and locked up out of shock of the turns down and right angle, locked it up, swung the rear around and fell over.

My $.02.

Mort

Personally I think it was a really cool sequence, and bet the guy is just fine (wounded pride aside).
Agreed.
Also the highside is actually 2 turns after the initial sequence. If you look pics 1-11 are of the first right of double S (note the guardrail further down the S), he makes that right, then the left, then pic 12 is where he looses it going back into the next right. No telling how he was set up for that turn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts