Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference in the ride height (ct vs mt)? I picked up some c wheels for my 1300s. The front has a tire and is on the bike now. The rear I would have to swap my metz ME880 or go DARKSIDE. Will the ct raise the rear up and if so how much?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The difference is not noticeable at all. When I went DS my wife stated she coulf not tell the difference in hieght at all, just less road bumps......

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
I put mine down as a 205/65 and it is the 205 /70 /15

Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/Mile Difference
180/80-15 5.7in 13.2in 26.3in 82.7in 766 0.0%
205/70-15 5.6in 13.1in 26.3in 82.6in 767 -0.1%

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I'm only 5' 3.5" and went with a 205/65-15 on an '06 1300S. I didn't notice any difference in height, just better traction/handling. Good luck and post some pics when you're done.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Thanks for the great replies. Is there any modification to the swing arm?
Not with a 205/65-15.
If you have the stock muffler and bracket, you want to turn the bolts from the bracket to the muffler around with the heads on the inside of the swing arm, or they could scrape.
Also, if you take the mufflers off and remove the rear bolt holding the muffler bracket to the frame, and loosen the front one, you can pivot the bracket down and that will give you more room to get the tire up in there. You won't have to deflate it to get it in this way, and it just gives you more room to angle the tire in.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
+1 to what jstar said. I had noproblems with mine. Only regret is that I waited to do it as long as I did.

·
Registered
958 Posts
You'll get a little variation from different brands and types of tires. I kinda give the figures as a 205/65 is gonna be close to stock height and a 205/70 is going to add about an inch. Your brand can make that vary a little bit.

My Tiger Paw 205/70 did give my bike an inch up in the world and when I put the Progressive springs up front the bike leveled out again.

Wren

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
As Charlies numbers indicate there is no appreciable difference between the stock tire's ride height dimension and that of the Michelin HydroEdge 205 70 15.Tire pressure will have about as much effect on ride height (differing degrees of compression at the foot print). The only difference I notice is that it is slightly easier to slide my lift under the bike frame with the CT.

FWIW I went with the Michelin because it is rated for installation on our rim's width. It is possible that other makes of tires will have to run slightly pinched and therefore tend to be a little bit taller but not much.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Darkside handling

Does going darkside effect the handling because it sit more flat then rounded

1 - 19 of 19 Posts