Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done this with every bike I have owned. I do it because I just like a clean look and because I ride just to ride, I also do not feel like explaining to people why I ride HD, Kawasaki, or Honda.

I want to take it to a whole new level though. Can anyone reccomend how to cover or fill in the Honda logos on the engine covers?
I am not a rolling advertisement and Honda has stamped there logos in the chrome on both sides of the engine.

Is there a body filler or just a cover I can buy that can stand up to the engine temps?

·
FREEBIRD
8,056 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I usually overlook a bike that has been debadged when buying. Tells me they could have crashed it and repainted it/they customized it to their liking (not mine), /etc. I know there are ways to tell if a bike has been down, but not always. Just seems to me like they would be hiding something. I think this happens a lot in sportbikes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I usually overlook a bike that has been debadged when buying. Tells me they could have crashed it and repainted it/they customized it to their liking (not mine), /etc. I know there are ways to tell if a bike has been down, but not always. Just seems to me like they would be hiding something. I think this happens a lot in sportbikes.
I don"t disagree and generally a logo doesn't bother me but Honda went a bit overboard on this bike. Also a 2003 with 9,000 miles is a solid bike that is barely broken in. Don"t think I am going to sell it for a while and if I just use the covers I can take them off so all the logos are visible again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Love mine debadged . Turn signal deletes and smoothed out. Looks cleaN and a lot of people dontt realize it’s a Honda. People that know what a vtx is spot it and other than that I get loads of compliments and questions. I’d say do it but that’s my .2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I believe it is against the law in most if not all states to remove the turn signals ( front or rear) from a motorcycle built after 1973.
That is correct. I have never been hassled for it but I guess depends on if someone wants to be dick about it. I just hand signal if needed.

·
Super Moderator
5,587 Posts
That is correct. I have never been hassled for it but I guess depends on if someone wants to be dick about it. I just hand signal if needed.

Glad you are getting away with it!! But since I have done over 17,000 miles in 3 cross country rides over the three years from 2017 thru 2019 and through 21 states in the process, most of them multiple times, I have left my lights and signals pretty much stock!!! No sense in poking the dragon when you are that far from home!!!!! :eek: 🚔 🤬

·
Registered
6 Posts
Glad you are getting away with it!! But since I have done over 17,000 miles in 3 cross country rides over the three years from 2017 thru 2019 and through 21 states in the process, most of them multiple times, I have left my lights and signals pretty much stock!!! No sense in poking the dragon when you are that far from home!!!!! :eek:
Yeah I don’t blame you. I don’t tend to go more than a state or two away from home and usually ride with groups so it hasn’t been a big deal for me. Just got a set to flush mount in my saddle bags so if I run them I’ll be covered for long trips.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm too much into keeping things stock, but the license plate and taillights really do distract from the fenders on the S model (like mine). That's one great looking bike IdahoK5.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts