Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to riding and I love my 1800. I have recently changed from stock pipes to Bubs. I am getting decel popping. Is this a bad thing? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not a bad thing, just annoying. Do the desmog/pair valve removal. From what I understand that takes care of 90% of it.

I have my plates ordered and am doing it this weekend.

You should do the electrical fix also if you are in that far.

I am at work but maybe someone can chime in with the link to the plates. I got the ones with the dimples so you don't have to remove anything and cut a screw.

Ride Safe!

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I dont mind the sound. I just wanted to make sure that it wasnt damaging the bike

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
No damage caused, just an annoying sound. Adding the plates/doing the desmog will take care of the problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Bagman, What did you mean by electrical fix? I'm fixing to do that pair valve on mine and was curious as to what you were talking about. Thanks man, Will

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes, the ground fix. There are very good write ups on how to do this.

The one that has been sticky'd at the top of the 1800 forums is great!

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Don't forget the acorn nuts bottoming out! That was my problem. I ended up replacing them with bolts. I have new stems but they require completely removing the pipes to install. I am not doing that right now, way too lazy.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Isn't the decel popping caused by a lean condition? As stated earlier, I would do the desmog and if you still have it real bad, make sure you don't have an exhaust leak. I couldn't stand the popping so I got the PCIII and the popping is gone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts