Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought these off Ebay#190542719439 I really liked the way they look. I paid 370.00 dollars shipped. Does anyone have any experience with them (Sound) wise ? Any info would be appreciated THANKS

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Well the link doesn't work so who know what you bought. Better yet if you already bought and paid for whatever it is why would you want to find out they weren't worth the price now. The time to ask is before you buy something.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tough Crowd, Sorry about that They are Corbra Slash Cut pipes for my S. I was not sure how to post the link. That is the auction number, If you just paste it in the search on ebay it will give you a description. I was more just wondering if anyone had these pipes and what they thought about them. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for posting that link Marty :cheers:

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Not tough just trying to help!! you did good but I think if you'd have offered $300 he might have taken it. I always lowball the make offer ads and have always gotten them. Sometimes the counter but at lower than the original asking price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree, I thought 150 off the asking price was a lowball but now I am thinking I should have offered 300. Oh well It seems like that was a good price either way.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
lots of members have cobras, i guess most of them are out riding. I've got the cobra boulevards, which are slip ons and i love them, great packaging, no scratches, everything needed for a fast and neat installation. tip, its good to have another guy around to help support the pipes when installing them. It can be done single handed, but two people make it a much easier job imho. Enjoy them! Bry

·
Registered
66 Posts
I didn't know cobra made those pipes for the R S N. I have seen them for the C F. I would like to see them once installed.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Can't judge what I can't. See. Just sayin

Oops sorry my computer is not as fast as my vtc
so, you have a fast vtc??? can you post of a pic of that :hmm2:hahaha, just kidding pardner.

it's okay. welcome, post, ask, get answers. :coffee:

hey Smee23, you'll find out people here ask questions and sometimes get some really good feedback on their purchase, sometimes even a link of where to get it cheaper. i'm sure others with Cobras will chime in. enjoy the site.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They are scheduled for delivery on friday I am definatly getting excited you should post up some pic's lewiston I would love to see them on an S !!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
They are scheduled for delivery on friday I am definatly getting excited you should post up some pic's lewiston I would love to see them on an S !!!

Hi Smee....looks like we have the same bike. I have been looking for after market exhausts and have had a hard time finding any that will fit my bike. It's also a 2006 vtx 1800s spec3.
Did you get the Cobra's installed and are you happy with the way they sound? I really wanted to go w/ a set of Vance & Hines big shots but can't find them listed anywhere to fit my year/model.
Would love to see some pics of the finished product when you get time, but mostly wondering if they fit up to your bike ok and how they sound. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Swells, I am really liking them so far... they were fairly easy to install and I love the way they sound, although I have not heard any other 1800's with aftermartket pipes so I could just be ignorant. one thing I did notice was fuel economy went up about 3-4 mpg which suprised me. They don't actually make these pipes for the S anymore so you might have a hard time finding them. I might post up pics but I doubt it I am a busy man.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have them on my bike (signature) and I really like them. They dont sound as good if you remove the baffles completely and it likes to backfire. So I left the baffles that came with them in. I have got about 5k on mine no tarnishing or blueing. Oh and welcome from yukon, ok.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts