Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
PURE ROCK FURY
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to give a big shout out to One Fair Shot for giving me the pipes he was not using anymore...and to cmoney for the great deal on the seat.
I have a set of joe floridas led's to put on but i am a little sketchy about removing my tank.maybe a trip to Donuts is in order.

·
PURE ROCK FURY
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They sound awesome and best of all no more popping on decell:mosh:

I would not have been able to afford new pipes anytime soon so agian I must give a big thanks to James..it never fails to amaze me the generousity and the willingness to help from all the great peeps on this forum:choppersm

You Guys Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Looks GREAT!

Nice job. I like those pipes. What kind are they and do you have an idea where to get a set of those?
Donn VAHDEater

·
PURE ROCK FURY
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are Hard Khrome 3inch straights....but I would do a search on these pipes before ordering them lots of guys have had issues with them cracking...infact mine have a 2inch crack in the heat shield but you cant see it and it doesnt rattle.
I have heard thier customer service sucks and the 3 inch are soooo big they are a PITA to put on.
That being said they look good and are loud!!!!

·
PURE ROCK FURY
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is the Ultimate X midrider and it is awesome!!

Thanks Bass I appreciate the link...Donut also sent me a link to a video...I might try and do this myself saturday:eek: Just knowing you guys are here to back me up gives me the confidence to try:cheers:

·
Need more road time!!
1,308 Posts
Nice looking pipes!

·
Registered
253 Posts
That is the Ultimate X midrider and it is awesome!!

Thanks Bass I appreciate the link...Donut also sent me a link to a video...I might try and do this myself saturday:eek: Just knowing you guys are here to back me up gives me the confidence to try:cheers:
Don't worry about the tank removal. First thing I ever did on any bike was remove the seat and tank from my X. I followed BassDude's write up and had it off in under 30 minutes no problems. And that was my first time going slow and easy, I'm sure I can do it in under ten now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts