Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
~ High-Finesse Hooligan ~
11,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Dyna Beads FAQ has this to say about the topic:

Is there a disadvantage to using Dyna Beads and weights together?
Yes. You won't attain the same additional tire mileage that you will using Dyna Beads as the sole balancing method (any vehicle). In motorcycles and scooters, this will be especially noticable over time and may result in vibration or tire cupping.

My Dyna Beads arrived today, and before I put them in, I am researching to see if the VTX community at large has followed this rule.

So, I am wondering - if your wheels had balancing weights on them before you installed the Dyna Beads (my front has one, rear has zero), then did you indeed remove the weights before installing the beads? In either case, did the Dyna Beads solve your vibration problem?

Thanks for your time!
MJK :choppersm <<< he needs Dyna Beads?

·
Let's Get Ready To Rumble
5,240 Posts
Yes, removed them. Didn't have a problem beforehand, but the ride was better afterwards.

·
Darkside Pastor & Addict
4,151 Posts
yep, take em off. Take em all off.

Pdave

·
Registered
325 Posts
took off my weights and used 2 oz in each tire (I bought two 2oz. tubes). I can actually see out of my mirrors now!!!

·
Chrome Ho
2,037 Posts
Point of it all is get enough in there to gitter done. Come up short she'll still shake. Get a lil too much in and she'll equally distribute and be fine. So more is betta .. to a certain point.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Take the weights off. You won't need em with the dyna beads. You shouldn't use more than 4 ounces of any kind of weight per wheel.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i bought a kit today, they told me 2oz in the front tire & 1 oz in the rear!!
Shouldn't that be 2 oz in the rear and 1 oz in the front?

Anyway, I put those amounts in my 1300 and did not remove the weights right away. After a few days I removed the weights and got better results so TAKE 'EM OFF!

·
Registered
129 Posts
i bought a kit today, they told me 2oz in the front tire & 1 oz in the rear!!
That's backwards. 1 oz. in the front for most tires. 2 oz. in the back if it's smaller.

I just put new ME-880s on, and I put 2 oz. in the front and 3 oz. in the rear. Oh, and I removed all the lead weights. Now, the flamethrower rides so smooth. Difference was noticeable immediately, although it included new tires.

I bought the "bike kit" with the applicator and a 1 oz. bag + a 2 oz. bag. Then, I bought a 3 oz. bag too. The whole thing, shipped was $32 and I've got the 1 oz. bag for my next tire change.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Got a new tire today and after all was said and done had those little sticky weights on my wheel. Stuck alright!! Stuck out like a sore thumb!!!
Where do I get these Dyna Beads? --- Searcy Tire in Cherokee, Ala. -- About 52 miles from the house. Know where I'm going Thursday don't ya?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Maybe I didn't order enough. I got 2 3oz bags and now I see Honda has 3.25 front and 3 oz on the rear. Just got it delivered today and was going to install tomorrow. Should I hold off and order more beads? Tires are Dunlops.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts