Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the LeatherLyke Cross Country Bags on their 1800F? I'm considering them, but the "contemporary" bags, but I really don't want to relocate my turn signals.

I can't tell if turn signal relocation is really needed or not. The kit includes the hardware, but the F has the turn signals mounted on the tail-light license plate hardware.

Here's the LeatherLyke page: http://www.leatherlyke.com/stores/s...roduct=Cross Country Saddlebags for VTX 1800F

I'm looking for bags with clean lines that I can put on/take off easily, as an F really doesn't look so good with bags. But I don't want to move the turnsignals, if possible.

Thanks for any input you have.

·
Certified Biotch!
7,165 Posts
I don't have the bags..or any bags for that matter..However I had all that stuff in the rear off and torn up on my bike so I could cut that ugly tag holder off some...and Yeah I would agree that relocating the turns would be a PITA because of how they have everything tied into the black plastic housing However by looking at them, I think you would have enough room back there....anyhow good Luck hope you get it all figured out!!!:cheers:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here's an update for anyone interested. They guys at LeatherLyke can't tell me if turn signals need to be relocated on the F because the guy that designed it no longer works there. Seriously. After much searching, I found someone on VTXOA with a 2005 1800F (same bike as mine) who bought the LeatherLyke contemporary bags and now was trying to figure out how to move his rear turn signals by 2 inches. Not easy on the F.

So, after reading this, and stories of the LeatherLykes melting, and the mounts cracking, I've decided to continue my search....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts