Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to have a little bit more of pull back on my handlebars since getting my Ultimate BigBoy seat. I could either change out the stock risers or the handlebar. I came across some black Drag Specialties 1" beach bars on Dennis Kirk. The price isn't bad at about $80. The specs are:

Width: 36 in.
Pullback: 14 1/4 in.
Center Width: 7 3/4 in.
Type: Beach/Pullback
End Rise: 4 1/2 in.
Description: Not Dimpled
Finish: Black

Anyone familiar with these handlebars and any thoughts on them?

Here is a link to them:

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/tpl/p...d=21710&skuId=596656&productId=p596655&mmyId=

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I have a set that is chrome and made for the VTX which has the same dimensions.

If your looking for bars check out Flanders, that's all they make is handle bars. Hundreds of styles for everything. Stay with around 32 inch wide. Much more comfortable and you can still reach both sides when doing slow speed maneuvers.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just finished installing the 1" drag specialties black beach handlebar with Avon grips. I'll post pictures soon.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is before pic:

Here is after pics:

I was thinking I had to replace the clutch and brake lines with the 2 inches more of pullback. I called HDL and the guy who I talked to told me that I didn't need new lines; but, if I really wanted new lines he would sell me them. Glad I called HDL and talked to someone before ordering some new lines. Saved me some money for other MODs. :)

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like them a lot. The 2 inches of more pullback is so much nicer feeling on my back. I'd recommend them or longer risers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts