Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Honda VTX 1300 C with a wide Mustang seat. Does anyone know where I can get a driver's seat back rest? Mustang doesn't make one for this bike. Thanks, and ride safe.
Cagey

· Registered
3 Posts
I have the same issue: I just bought a 2004 1300c with a mustang seat that I want to get a backrest for as I ride solo. Do what I literally just did this morning. Take the seat off and take a picture of the model number. Then email mustang seats customer service email on their website with the picture asking about buying a backrest that with fit your (probably) discontinued seat. I got a email back a few hours later saying my seat was discontinued and that they usually only sell backrests with seats but she found a compatible backrest that would fit my seat. $185 + $10 shipping with a4 week lead time is what she quoted me and I’ll be ordering it Monday.

· Registered
908 Posts
I had a mustag seat on my 1800 and bought an Ultimate back rest with bracket. cut a slot in the top of the seat where the rest should go and mounted the bracket to the underneeth of the seat and it looked and worked Great.

6 months later i sat on an ultimate seat and bouight it and then reused the back rest that I
pic is of ultimate mounted on mustang seat
Sports gear Automotive tire Personal protective equipment Synthetic rubber Auto part

already had

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same issue: I just bought a 2004 1300c with a mustang seat that I want to get a backrest for as I ride solo. Do what I literally just did this morning. Take the seat off and take a picture of the model number. Then email mustang seats customer service email on their website with the picture asking about buying a backrest that with fit your (probably) discontinued seat. I got a email back a few hours later saying my seat was discontinued and that they usually only sell backrests with seats but she found a compatible backrest that would fit my seat. $185 + $10 shipping with a4 week lead time is what she quoted me and I’ll be ordering it Monday.
Where are you getting the backrest from? Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts