Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an easy method to add a backrest or I am I looking at a full aftermarket seat?

·
Too short for my weight
5,413 Posts
Do you have the stock seat? If so, I’m not sure what you can do. When I got my C, it had an ultimate seat on it and I made my own backrest.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, stock seat. I was thinking a back rest mounted to the rear fender support would work but I can't find anything.

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,137 Posts
They are out there but I'm uncertain if they will actually work. I'm not real sure how the C seats mount up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen that style. I have a one piece seat so I'm not sure how that would work. I would need to put a hole through my stock seat.. I'm picturing something like the passenger backrest but for me. It would mount to the same location the passenger version does.

Not sure if that exists. Haven't see it if it does.

·
Too short for my weight
5,413 Posts
You may have to fab up something.... take a look at some of the removable passenger back rests and figure out a design that moves it forward? The stock C seat wasn’t designed for a backrest....

·
Registered
2007 1300C
469 Posts
I have not found anything that would work with the stock seat, I feel certain that after riding on that POS stock seat, that you will want to invest in a good seat, like an ULTIMATE or maybe a mustang

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do like the look of the Ultimate but I'm not dropping $750 on a seat. Might work for some but that is out of line for me.

I'm used to dirt bikes so the stock seat actually feels decent. This is a commuter bike for me. I have a Goldwing for the long trips. The wing has me spoiled with a backrest so I thought I would add one to the VTX.

I can fab something up. Thought I must be missing something but I guess not.

·
Mosin Prime
2005 1300R Lots of lights! 2 air horns P3 tail light w/Photon blasters Diode Dynamics and Daymaker
767 Posts
Mustang has a seat with a backrest. Here's a quick link from JP Cycles. Not as much as the other price you mentioned before. Maybe find one used? I have one on mine, and sorry not selling haha. Love it! Seat feels great and the backrest surely helps. I can get through 500 mile days with it. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is the contour of the C seat the same as the other versions? I see some stock R seats cheap. Wondering if I could just fab up new mounts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts