Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an android phone and have been looking for motorcycle friendly apps.

I have a couple I have been using.

My Tracks...which uses gps to record and save your route and compile stats like time, avg/max speed, distance, elevation and more.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.maps.mytracks

Fuel Log...Pretty straight forward fuel log app that lets you track your MPG, fuel/maint. cost, and calculate cost/fuel usage for trips.

https://market.android.com/details?id=ch.simonmorgenthaler.fuellog

I also saw an Iphone app in Roadbike mag that will control the volume of your music based on your speed.

http://www.speedwayinstruments.com/iphone/

Anyone else have any useful motorcycle apps?

·
Premium Member
2007 VTX 1300C
1,150 Posts
On my iphone, I use 'tapatalk' to be able to read this forum. I track my fuel mileage with 'Gas Cubby' to track my fuel mileage. I prefer using a real GPS unit for trips though.

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,434 Posts
when I ride distances, I use xiialive lite. like having a sirius radio for the bike.....I bluetooth it to my headset......has just about any music you want!

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when I ride distances, I use xiialive lite. like having a sirius radio for the bike.....I bluetooth it to my headset......has just about any music you want!
I like that one Epi...I usually use to Pandora, but I'll have to check that out.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
I have an EVO

Mounted on my handlebars.. power from a 12v I put in the neck.

I have the following that I use all the time.

Tapatalk - Forum access
PlayerPro - Better than regular music player
LiveTrax - realtime GPS, gives u a URL you can give to friends & family
iHeartRadio - Internet Radio
Pandora - Internet Radio
Foursquare - Check in tool
MyTracks - tracks your routes via GPS
Slacker Radio - Internet Radio
CarHome - Best Car Dock app .. has Speedo, Weather, Time, realtime location

·
Need more road time!!
1,308 Posts
I have an EVO

Mounted on my handlebars.. power from a 12v I put in the neck.

I have the following that I use all the time.

Tapatalk - Forum access
PlayerPro - Better than regular music player
LiveTrax - realtime GPS, gives u a URL you can give to friends & family
iHeartRadio - Internet Radio
Pandora - Internet Radio
Foursquare - Check in tool
MyTracks - tracks your routes via GPS
Slacker Radio - Internet Radio
CarHome - Best Car Dock app .. has Speedo, Weather, Time, realtime location
I'm interested in what you used as a mounting system?

·
isn't my real 1st name
158 Posts
Good apps on here, most of which i haven't used before (other than Pandora which I use ALL the time). Thanks !

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm very interested in this as well as I also have an Evo, and would love to mount it up and be able to run power to it but haven't a clue how or where to start lol.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a Samsung Captivate (ATT's version of the Galaxy S).
I'm in the process of making a plate that mounts to my GPS mount. I made a mock-up, and just duct taped it to the mount to try it out. It works great, I'm going to make a cleaned up version and it will be screwed to the mount.
I have a 12 volt power plug that I keep tucked in the neck cover until I need it, then I just velcro it to the handle bar.

·
SPyKERMods.com Owner
1,960 Posts
I have the EVO as well. I went with a RAM Aqua Box but instead of the standard ball mount, I got a MotoMount. It's just a cleaner look for when i take the mount off. I have the USB wired through the hole available to punch out in the back, and run it to a 1000kw converter in my bar bag hooked to my power outlet, all run to the "always on" circuit on my aux fuse box.

Only issue I ever have is using sunglasses when looking at the EVO. I found out that the amber lenses in my Bobsters instead block enough sunlight and let me see the screen fine. And all the buttons work through it, so i could run it rain or shine.

·
Re-member
1,078 Posts
Good apps on here, most of which i haven't used before (other than Pandora which I use ALL the time). Thanks !

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm very interested in this as well as I also have an Evo, and would love to mount it up and be able to run power to it but haven't a clue how or where to start lol.
I recently picked up a handlebar mount from Overstocks.com for around $10. I looked today to see the link, but the model I purchased was out of stock. however, they do have this number... http://www.overstock.com/Electronic...min-GPS-Units/4118310/product.html?rcmndsrc=2

looks pretty simple, easily removable, and even though it only includes the ball-joint, it is easy to get the phone mount (ball joint back) from your carrier. by the way... most I-phone mounts will work for the driod, too (although I'm not so sure about the newest models).

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
http://www.vtxcafe.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=752718

Here's how I have my EVO mounted (for now)

I purchased a Seidio Innotraveler (originally for the car, but decided to use it here)
http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/ck17hev4c04.htm

Took it apart and used just the dock part.

Mounted it to a Bracketron Mirror mount universal bracket (But I know think the Kury Universal is the way to go)