Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think, it is pretty stupid to gear a non-sport bike for a speed, which nobody needs.
His answer about gears:
"It s about 25 to 30% more higher ratio on each gear through all five years good for about 200 mph."

·
Registered
38 Posts
must be a special one-off transmission gearing, seeing as no one ever made gearing for the VTX to my knowledge. I could be wrong, I was out of the loop for a dozen years, but those years were after the VTX was discontinued.

·
This guy needs all 1800cc
2,080 Posts
Does he say what kind of tow vehicle he put those amazing gears in?
I've gotta see the vehicle that can reach 200 mph while towing or hauling this heavy beast of a bike.

I swear, even if you dropped this bike out of an airplane, I think the aerodynamics would limit the terminal velocity below 200.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've gotta see the vehicle that can reach 200 mph while towing or hauling this heavy beast of a bike.

I swear, even if you dropped this bike out of an airplane, I think the aerodynamics would limit the terminal velocity below 200.
I gathered from the post this was about gearing a VTX. since the posted said "stupid to gear a non-sport bike for a speed "

·
2,080 Posts
I gathered from the post this was about gearing a VTX. since the posted said "stupid to gear a non-sport bike for a speed "
I was being sarcastic - as in there's nothing you could possibly do to make the VTX a 200 mph bike - he must have been mistaken in that the gears were in something else

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Incredible

·
Registered
17,587 Posts

The nerd in me sez 88ft./ per second squared, is terminal velocity. You are very right!

·
Registered
17,587 Posts

·
2,080 Posts
I'm betting he's figured out how to reduce friction and inertia/ gravity forces.
He actually got his warp drive operational

• Haha
Reactions: henkvdb

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,659 Posts
Only in a vacuum could anyone pull that off. Even if the gearing is "correct", you would need 1000 HP to push it through the wind resistance.

·
Registered
17,587 Posts

·
2,080 Posts
Have u ever seen the movie. The fastest indian. movie. True story. Anything is possible!!!
Possible....
Again. Plane, eject VTX, terminal velocity....

Reactions: henkvdb
1 - 19 of 19 Posts