Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I ride my own.
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a video was sent to me from a friend over @ Trike Talk.
It's YouTube showing how to properly install a rake kit on a Honda 1300 Fury. It's the same process on most all cruiser style bikes so this will be useful if you are planning a DYI install on your Honda VTX or similar cruiser style bike/trike. I wish I had looked for this before having mine installed-would have loved for my husband and I to do this together. I love DYI

http://youtu.be/VL7EtPL86UQ

·
Gator for life
4,116 Posts
Very cool Traci. Thank your friend for me. That could very well become a valuable tool here and maybe could be put into a sticky if a moderator sees fit. :D

·
Registered
6,396 Posts
That was a cool video, that's a lot of work for 2.5 inches. What's the difference in handling? Always wondered that.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Gator for life
4,116 Posts
They probably have it listed as an 8 hour job, which at some shop pricing puts it at around $800.00 just in labor. I'm sure it does take time to be careful not to damage anything and make sure everything is covered and disconnected correctly. I would love to see a pricing breakdown of how they charge for each part of the process and parts.

·
I ride my own.
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine was in and out in 3hrs it was $210. The shop that was originally going to do estimated it'd take them 6-8hrs and cost me upwards of
$5-800.

On the handling issue-for me-it was necessary for my upper body (neck) challenges and the difference is like night and day. I have a trike so I can only speak from that experience ref the rake. But I swear-night and day. No way would I be able to do long trips etc with the way it was. From what I've read on trike forums, everyone else agrees. Rakes are almost always necessary.

... via tapatalk on iPhone

·
El Chupacabra Lives!
5,687 Posts
Very cool! Almost convinces me I need trees ;)

·
Cafe Vendor
3,785 Posts
Looks like the Fury's have the same crappy neck bearings as the VTX1300's LOL

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
I really need to do my neck bearings. Thats a big step tho. I cant wait to get the courage up to do it.. I am not too convinced on the tree's tho. Thats way too much for a solo bite off and chew for me. The info was very good.

·
Cafe Vendor
3,785 Posts
I really need to do my neck bearings. Thats a big step tho. I cant wait to get the courage up to do it.. I am not too convinced on the tree's tho. Thats way too much for a solo bite off and chew for me. The info was very good.
More than happy to lend a hand or even offer my garage/shop to replace your bearings when you are ready (Im just north of ya;)). There a piece of cake. Funny thing is if you have ever replaced the neck bearings, you essentially did everything to replace the trees :D

·
240 Club
254 Posts
Did I miss something? Is that really all the work needed to rake it? That's $2500?
Thanks is not a Kewl Metal 45 degree Pro Street kit that sells for $2,800. If it is Kewl Metals it is not listed on their site yet.

There are no upper fork covers or lower fork sliders which gives that big front end look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts