Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read the thread about the dynobeads and want to get some - have the same wobble problem on my 06 1300 S. My question is how much of the dynabeads do you put in each tire? I have stock now but will be going to the Darkside this winter. Also if there is anyone in the Fayetteville NC or surrounding area that has done the front shock bushing replacement and wants to help an old man out :) I would appreciate it.
Out where I live the state has "refreshed" our roads by putting tar and crushed rock instead of repaving.....talk about having a squirrly feeling while riding, sometime I don't know which way the tire with move.....

Thanks Guys

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
Two oz. up front and 3 oz. in the rear should do the trick. You can put too little but it's hard to put to much (with in reason, their kinda pricey). If you have the tire off the bead, you can use Airsoft pellets (too big to fit down the valve stem)from Wallyworld. Much cheaper! It' what I used, and my bike rides smoth as glass. Here the link: http://www.innovativebalancing.com/chart.htm

Rebel

·
Miles: 50,000+
7,104 Posts
Two oz. up front and 3 oz. in the rear should do the trick. You can put too little but it's hard to put to much (with in reason, their kinda pricey). If you have the tire off the bead, you can use Airsoft pellets (too big to fit down the valve stem)from Wallyworld. Much cheaper! It' what I used, and my bike rides smoth as glass. Here the link: http://www.innovativebalancing.com/chart.htm

Rebel
I've got 1 ounce upfront and 2 ounces untie back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
if a tire is out of balance, it most of the time causes a hop in the front.
The dyna beads are nice, mostly in the front that the important one, I have had to pull the tire and rebalance after about 5k, since useing the beads, I have never had to.

Head bearings
Head bearings
Head bearings.

Bad shock bushing in the rear, will cause a wollowing in the rear, most of the time.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Depends on tire size for the amount of dyna beads to usu , have the "C" model and had to got with theoz in front (110/90=19 ) and 2oz in rear (170/80-15)according to the dyna bead rep. He put them in my tires in 10 min. Put the bike on the jack ,let the air out of tires, put the little plastic tube on the valve stem and filled it with the beads. Then he put the blow nozzle from an air compressor with about 10 lbs of air pressure and blew the beads in the tire in secs. repeated until all the beads were gone.Then he put 38 lbs in the front tire and 40 in rear. Let it off the jack and away I went. good luck

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I alway check the balance before I put anything in it and if its not to far off, I use less.
No MC tire, should use more then 2oz of weights, if it does, I pull the tire and turn it. I dont think I have ever put more than 1oz of weight on a tire.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I'm with wanderingbear...2oz in front, 3oz in the rear and that's with Darkside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts