Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
The Wanderer
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went rafting in the Skagit River in the Cascade Mountains outside Seattle Washington. This is where a lot of Bald Eagles come to feed on the spawning salmon, I got a few decent shots even though the raft was bouncing around a lot.

A cold start to the trip.

Here is a juvenile bald eagle feeding on the bank.

Here he is taking flight

Notice he is carrying his fish with him

A Heron cruisin the banks

another landscape shot

Now we started to get into the area where the mature eagles where hanging out

Here are a few perched together

here is a mature one landing and chasing a juvenile of his perch

another perched

there were literally hundreds on this 10 mile stretch of river so they shared trees

one of my favorite shots

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Awesome pics Marty!!...Also great to see them in such numbers...Usually don't see that many in the same place (tree) like that..When I was doing the over-the-road trucker gig, I saw one in upper Wisconsin fly in front of my truck one day...It was about 20-30 foot away, and was HUGE!!!!....Gave my goosebumps all over my body seeing it in the wild like that...Very majestic birds...:patriot:

·
The Wanderer
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a shot that shows how many were in on area and yes Ed the weather was great we started in the 30's and ended in the low 40's and it started raining 10 minutes after we got out of the boats!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
awesome trip, Marty, i know you had to have had a blast. First time i saw a mature eagle, the size almost scared me, hehe..they are a very impressive bird. Great post!
Bry:choppersm

·
Pie liker/Snow Hater
9,911 Posts
When I lived in WA. we would see them every now and then. I saw 3 all together in a tree once by the nuclear power plant my father was helping to build. Kind of takes your breath away when you see them.
You know that is Big Foot country too, right? Snap me a few Sasquatch shots Marty! ;)

Great pics as usual world traveler. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts