Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Edge company has positively great support. I needed different bolts and keepers for the Ghost Brackets that i bought from a forum member and Kyle at Edge support sent me exactly what i needed, followed up by an email from Jim Sanders to make sure i was satisfied. The install was straightforward, and i was done in about an hour and a half. The kit comes with two keys, and the bags can be removed when not needed. Removing them takes about five seconds each bag and leaves two nice stainless steel keepers on each fender strut. For the person who doesnt want his bags on every day, these brackets do the job. Although i mounted them on my old soft bags, they work as well if not better with hard bags, also can be installed with back rests, luggage rack etc. :D

grrr pics wont upload, will try photo bucket http://s743.photobucket.com/albums/xx71/bryanova/edge ghost bracket/edge ghost bracket/

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought they would go really good with hard bags. I'm really satisfied with them on my old soft bags too. They are very convenient because there are times when i just don't need/want my bags on, yet at other times i want them on very much. The Ghost Brackets do the job. :mosh: Bry

those tsukayu's look awesome, btw

·
Registered
344 Posts
Right ON! I just installed the edge brackets and mounted the viking charger slant bags; bryanova - same bags? They are a great convenience and so easy to use. They carry most of my camping gear and room for a six pack. I needed bigger pockets for the bike! With the bags off, still has a nice clean look. Added some pics to my album.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
viking bags?

Rockymtn, i bought the bike used last may, i thought they might be viking bags, but i'm not sure. Here is a better shot of them, maybe you or someone else can tell, i dunno, to me most of the softbags look alike except for obvious differences like size, studs, fringes, throw overs etc.. :hmm2: Nope, thinking on it doesnt help me, i still dont know what kind of bags i have. Bry :icon_blah

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, the question is Easy or Edge brackets. Originally I thought the Easy brackets looked cleaner and the bracket seems stiffer. But the Edge brackets seem to be better overall. Support for the bag is really good (the VTX Easy bracket is really short) and you have some adjustability after the holes are drilled in the bag.

Do you actually notice the bags bouncing when the bike runs.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi 2wheelz, no, i didnt notice any bag bounce since i put them on and i think the guys i ride with would have let me know too. For me the choice between easy brackets and ghost edge brackets was very simple. A cafe member put his brand new ghost brackets up for sale, i bought them and i'm very happy with both the bags and the way i was treated by Cao distributing which is the parent company of Edge Leater. :choppersm

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sure look like the same viking bags. I chose the edge over easy because you can adjust the forward/back position so my bags sit right between the shocks and rear signals. I also got the 106 version which provide lots of backing. First road test I heard some rattling but they were empty so I filled them up and now silent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts