Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if they sell a harness so you can hookup a radio and a gps that mounts up by the tree. And it has quick connects. so you can unplug when you go in for the night or day.

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
Not sure what you're looking for, but most electrical accessories usually have a detachable cord, but the other end would need to be connected to either a power source or switch to a power source. You might be able to incorporate a type of quick connect power block.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
i bought a double 12v outlets on a wire from walmart and mounted them just below the top tree....i plug in my gps and other stuff right into there and take them off in a second when not needed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well, I'm curious, too. Don't know much about this stuff, but is there a place on the bike that is ready for this? Or, must one wire whatever the accessory is to the primary power source, battery, fuses or ?? I'm looking to hook up a Garmin also.

·
Where am I?
512 Posts
Well, I'm curious, too. Don't know much about this stuff, but is there a place on the bike that is ready for this? Or, must one wire whatever the accessory is to the primary power source, battery, fuses or ?? I'm looking to hook up a Garmin also.
If your only hooking up a GPS a good spot to use is there is a unused spot in the wiring harness. http://www.bareasschoppers.com/acclead/

I sell a 5 foot wire with the proper terminal attached for $5 mailed to your door. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts