Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
i find it rather surprising that the 'expert' states 'let's see if it becomes an issue.' spotters sit in airports, bus stations and other public places to steal credit and phone card info as a person uses them, thieves ride past your home to scan your wi-fi to gain entry to your home computer...however far of a leap is it to think that someone would not take advantage of technology that allows them to walk past you and steal your credit card number. rather short sighted of him to think someone would not take advantage, especially with the potential money at stake for what appears a very small investment.

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
There once was a way to make a portable router (can with some phones even) and use a laptop to sign up peoples iPhones to bogus services that charge a one time $5 fee... the criminal could set up in a backpack and sit on a bench outside of an Apple store at the mall... everyone that hadn't locked or passworded their wifi on their iPhone and had it on (two main points), the program would have them purchase this service... some astute users would dispute this on the bill, but enough would not... it never got big... I 'almost' thought about doing it... but I'm neither a criminal or 'that' much of an iPhone hater lol :)

Mort

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. Wishing you a nice day.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
That's crazy. Technology that's making our life easier is also making it easier for the criminals to steal from us. Makes me glad I don't use credit cards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts