Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not have a garage and therefore keep my bike outside. Are engine heaters worth it to help with slow and rough start? If so,any recommendations? Thanks!

·
Fastest Red Club Member
7,074 Posts
Keep on battery tender so battery is strong.
Might idle a little longer if you want but I have rode in 34/35 no problem. Start and go.

·
Registered
15,873 Posts
Yes....Battery tender, either the Jr. or the Plus. When the battery has a full charge, they just 'sleep', not drawing any more power except to keep the battery full and ready when needed.

·
Mosin Prime
652 Posts
Mine is super cold blooded. I think I got a new battery somewhere around this summer time, and in the temperatures sitting outside right now around freezing when I leave work it cranks a little slower. And I crack the enricher a little bit so it fires up then use my throttle lock and get it running smooth and let it warm up while I get my riding stuff on. It's still carbureted. Then it's pretty good after that to go with. I never used an engine heater. But I am fortunate enough I don't have to park it outside. But if you need to get on and go and can't leave it run a couple minutes before riding, then you might want to get one if it has a hard time starting when its cold.

·
Registered
15,873 Posts
And thats another reason why 1800 FI is nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts